Controller/Head of Finance
- New York, NY
We are seeking a highly analytical, detail-oriented individual to join our New York City Headquarters as a Controller/Head of Finance. This individual must come from an Accounting background, and will not only provide direct support to all Teams at Knot Standard but will have the opportunity to join a company that is fast growing with a strong company culture.
Knot Standard is a custom menswear company driven by a strong mission - to make men better tomorrow than they were today, by driving confidence through well fitting premium clothing and exceptional service. To date, we operate 10 appointment-only showrooms in New York, NYC Bloomingdale’s, Chicago, D.C., Houston, Austin, Dallas, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Atlanta. Coupling high-touch client experience, an industry leading digital measurement component and strong product knowledge, Knot Standard is redefining the menswear industry.
You will make an impact by supporting the below functions. The role at its core is an Accounting position which makes up the most important part of the daily and monthly deliverables. From here the true value add comes through skills on FP&A, analytical decision making, and even corporate finance tasks. In addition to a long history of expertise in accounting, we aim for someone that is not only the core executor on the monthly close, but equally helpful with Board of Directors presentations, all proformas, and ad hoc financial analysis.
- Financial Reporting
- Oversee the month end closing process and facilitate an accurate and timely closing
- Submit monthly reporting package to investors
- Communicate and manage showroom P&L’s
- Communicate with Knot Standard Board & Institutional Investors
- Manage Cash Flow
- Report the financial performance company through monthly and weekly KPI’s
- Month Spend – analyze Knot Standard’s spend, isolating cost drivers and making recommendations
- AP Management – manage accounts payable, ensuring appropriate & efficient use of funds
- AR Management - Work closely with sales force to ensure collection on outstanding customer payments
- Operating Budgets
- Establish & support budgets on department spend and drive execution against targets
- Drive company to execute on key Finance-related policies including alterations / refunds, customer collections, and operating expense management
- Administrative / Compliance
- Serve as key contact for yearly audit
- Manage annual Corporate Tax Filings, 1099 Filings, and state/national compliance
- Comfortable and proficient in proforma modeling and budget management
- Proficient in corporate finance basics - valuation, net present value, opportunity cost of capital
- Comfortable providing and executing slides and appendices for Board of Directors
- Evaluate opportunities for scale and growth and consider ways to drive efficiency and automation.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
As a growing professional, challenge and opportunity excites you. You have:
- Bachelor’s and or/ Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA Preferred (not required)
- Minimum of 8 years of experience
- Strength in using Microsoft Office applications (specifically Excel and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge or background in QuickBooks
- A Detail Oriented & Analytical mindset
- The ability to make independent decisions
- Experience in Direct-to-Consumer business models (specifically manufactured consumer goods)
- Strong powerpoint skills (Board of Directors presentations)
- Strong supply chain experience
- Experience with high transaction count business models
- Corporate Finance experience preferred (not required)
Knot Standard is proudly an Equal Opportunity employer. At Knot Standard, we welcome diverse experiences and perspectives, and are committed to providing a consciously inclusive work environment. We strongly encourage individuals from all backgrounds, communities, races, genders, and identities to apply.
Back to top