Senior Project Manager (Toronto)
The Senior Project Manager will be charged with owning the build and fit out of our workspaces in Toronto. You will work closely with the Real Estate, Growth, Construction and Design teams to plan, organize, and manage the build-out process from start to finish. The ability for the Project Manager to deliver is essential for overall customer satisfaction and will transform how we execute at a high level as we scale. The ideal candidate is a master multi-tasker who can stay organized, work quickly and efficiently, hold people accountable, and isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with architects and designers to develop construction scope of work.
- Create estimates, budgets, timelines for project completion, and manage construction projects to ensure that milestones are met on time and under budget.
- Plan and direct buildouts of single floors and/or entire building from conception to move-in.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal team members and external vendors.
- Oversee daily work to ensure the project site stays organized, on time and on budget .
- Develop and execute a measurable and repeatable process as we scale in Berlin and new markets.
- Manage the entire fit out of new or existing spaces including the building of furniture and layout implementation while making necessary adjustments to fit client needs.
- Produce synthesized progress reports for the leadership team.
- Schedule and manage contractors and part-time staff.
Who You Are
You’re an energetic multitasker who can balance competing priorities without losing site of the details. You have great time management skills that allow you to get work done even when nobody is watching. Beyond that, you know how to delegate and hold people accountable for their own work. You find joy in putting process to madness and are passionate about playing a critical role in building the future of work. You also have the following:
- 5-7 years of project management experience within a retail organization or a fast-paced startup environment
- Ability to balance design with operational needs and budget objectives under tight timelines resulting in exceptional work spaces
- Strong creative problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to use AutoCAD, and Project Management software.
- Based in Berlin, open to travel.
Knotel empowers companies to be their most productive by providing tailored, responsive spaces that flex to meet their evolving needs.
Named a Business Insider Top 50 Startup and New York's Hottest New Workspace Model, Knotel has over 100 locations across more than 2 million square feet in New York, San Francisco, London, and Berlin. Founded in 2016, Knotel has raised $160 million in funding. Knotel’s member network includes companies like Starbucks, Cheddar, and King. Visit Knotel.com to learn more.
See Inside the Office of Knotel
Knotel is a fast-growing startup that’s inventing new ways for companies to build their headquarters. Traditionally, many businesses get stuck in long-term leases that force them to spend a lot of time and money on spaces they may outgrow. Knotel is changing this by creating highly flexible and customized setups that can grow or contract with the companies, freeing them up to focus on their businesses.
Back to top