Senior Network Engineer
The Senior Network Engineer will work alongside our Launch Team and be responsible for developing and implementing the next-generation of Knotel’s network infrastructure. The engineer will be required to have an advanced understanding of technology interoperability with a focus on routing, security and wireless. Strong problem-solving methodologies, resourcefulness and intellectual curiosity are key Knotel virtues and will be paramount to the candidate’s success.
What You’ll Do
- Serve as technical subject matter expert across network disciplines.
- Implement solutions based on industry best practices for networking and security.
- Develop scalable, redundant network infrastructure.
- Manage existing routers, Wi-Fi hardware and firewalls.
- Function as an escalation point for network incidents.
- Modularize network hardware catalog.
- Create, maintain and improve network support documentation and processes.
- Coordinate with multiple ISPs to ensure timely delivery of services and upgrades.
Who You Are
You are a seasoned professional who requires little guidance and can execute strategic goals while addressing tactical needs. You have industry knowledge and can recommend products and services that can help us scale with our rapidly growing business.
Additional technical requirements below:
- 5-7 years experience with Cisco hardware (Cisco Catalyst – All Models, Nexus, Meraki)
- 2-3 years experience with Firewalls (SonicWall, Fortinet, ASA, Palo Alto, Checkpoint)
- Strong knowledge of the following: TCP/IP, OSPF, EIGRP, STP, VPN
- Working knowledge of the following: 802.1x, MAB, IPSec, VRFs
- Strong technical writing abilities so that processes can be documented.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects at once.
- Serve as a mentor to junior members of the team.
Knotel is transforming the office market with its Agile HQ™ Platform. Making long-term leases a thing of the past, Knotel designs, builds, and operates custom spaces for established and growing brands, so they can be free to grow their businesses at will and build what's never been built.
Named a Business Insider Top 50 Startup and New York's Hottest New Workspace Model, Knotel has over 45 locations across nearly 1 million square feet in New York, San Francisco, London, and Berlin. Founded in 2016, Knotel has raised over $95 million in funding. Knotel’s member network includes companies like Starbucks, Cheddar, Stash, and King. Visit www.Knotel.com.
Our Core Values
Fly your Flag - Don’t check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
Don’t Look Away- Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home and give the gift of belonging.
Outcomes, Not Processes- Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal and back out the journey.
Get Uncomfortable- Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure and sign up for the hairy challenges.
“Where is it Engraved…”- Question orthodoxy.
Share in the Victory Dance- No one summits alone. Leverage the best in others and offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fosters our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religious backgrounds can do their best work.This is all fueled by our employees, who drive the efforts and initiatives outlined here.
Back to top