Working under our Director of Design and Head of Supply Chain and Procurement, the Senior Designer will serve as co-creator in developing Knotel’s agile FFE product catalog. As an innovator in the industry, you will help provide an elevated approach to workplace interiors that is able to adapt and support our ever-evolving client demographic. You will be part of a team that is responsible for developing and implementing new design concepts and standards for Knotel’s workplaces.
What You’ll Do
- Oversee the design development of Knotel’s FFE design catalog
- Serve as the main liaison between Knotel’s Director of Design and the Director of Supply Chain and Procurement
- Develop and leverage strong professional relationships with strategic suppliers and industry partners
- Oversee and review all millwork drawings for custom furnishing to ensure that they meet knotel design standards
Who You Are
You’re a leader on all fronts, and you aren’t afraid to dive into details as you maintain a big-picture view. You maintain exceptionally high standards for your work and environment, always looking for better ways of doing things. Beyond your technical expertise, you’re passionate about the evolution of workspaces and want to leverage your design expertise to innovate on how we furnish culture-coded spaces that meet the unique needs of our members. You thrive in environments where you’re expected to come up with solutions on the fly and can handle any issues that come up along a project lifecycle without losing sight of the end goal. You also have the following:
- A Bachelors or Masters Degree in Industrial Design
- 8+ years experience in designing, manufacturing and sourcing furniture/lighting for retail, workplace or hospitality projects
- Comprehensive knowledge of furniture product, manufacturing methods and industry standard testing/requirements
- Excellent proficiency in Solidworks and Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to communicate design with hand sketches/drawing and skilled in the visual, written and verbal communication of design issues
- Current knowledge of industry trends in workplace design
Knotel is transforming the office market with its Agile HQ™ Platform. Making long-term leases a thing of the past, Knotel designs, builds, and operates custom spaces for established and growing brands, so they can be free to grow their businesses at will and build what's never been built.
Named a Business Insider Top 50 Startup and New York's Hottest New Workspace Model, Knotel has over 45 locations across over 1 million square feet in New York, San Francisco, London, and Berlin. Founded in 2016, Knotel has raised over $95 million in funding. Knotel’s member network includes companies like Starbucks, Cheddar, Stash, and King. Visit www.Knotel.com.
Our Core Values
Fly your Flag - Don’t check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
Don’t Look Away- Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home and give the gift of belonging.
Outcomes, Not Processes- Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal and back out the journey.
Get Uncomfortable- Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure and sign up for the hairy challenges.
“Where is it Engraved…”- Question orthodoxy.
Share in the Victory Dance- No one summits alone. Leverage the best in others and offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fosters our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religious backgrounds can do their best work.This is all fueled by our employees, who drive the efforts and initiatives outlined here.
Meet Some of Knotel's Employees
Senior Operations Manager
As Senior Operations Manager, Nora oversees all day-to-day operations across Knotel spaces. An important aspect of Nora's role is focusing on scaling Knotel's differentiated services for members.
Back to top