Working alongside our Head of Construction, the Senior Architect will be charged with owning our design and construction process from start to finish. Beyond the day-to-day execution of projects, s/he will be responsible for establishing the strategic design vision for our network of custom HQs. S/he will oversee everything from the architectural designs, code reviews, and the filing & stamping of our projects across all Knotel locations.
What You’ll Do
- Scale and oversee the Architecture Team and provide project leadership throughout the design lifecycle from initial design drafts to construction administration
- Ensure high quality for our design projects by establishing internal standards to help streamline and iterate on current processes
- Act as the main liaison between Knotel’s senior leadership and the Launch Operations Team to clearly communicate updates - including but not limited to - status updates, potential risks, and changes in scheduling or timeline
- Oversee and review all drawings and documentation to ensure that they are code compliant and file accordingly
- Develop strategic relationships and manage the day to day work of external mechanical, electrical and plumbing consultants.
Who You Are
You are a master of the architectural design process - from drafting, to reviewing building code, to stamping and filing. You’re a leader on all fronts, and you aren’t afraid to dive into details as you maintain a big-picture view. You maintain exceptionally high standards for your work and environment, always looking for better ways of doing things. You have a knack for saving time and money by utilizing your knowledge of project budgeting and scheduling. Beyond your technical expertise, you’re passionate about the evolution of workspaces and want to leverage your design expertise to innovate on how we create beautiful culture-coded spaces that meet the unique needs of our members. You thrive in environments where you’re expected to come up with solutions on the fly and can handle any issues that come up along a project lifecycle without losing sight of the end goal. You also have the following:
- A Masters in Architecture or equivalent experience in the field
- An approved Seal in the State of New York
- 6+ years experience managing the design/build process in addition to proven experience managing a rapidly growing team
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in Schematic design, Design Development, Permitting, and Construction Documentation
- Excellent proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop, and AutoCad
Knotel is a fast growing real estate startup that is inventing new ways to get things done in a traditional industry. Led by veteran founders, Knotel creates custom headquarters for companies without any of the headaches. Whether for 20 or 200 people, for 6 months or 6 years, Knotel provides businesses the flexibility and design they need in office space so they can focus on their work.
Our Core Values
Fly your Flag - Don’t check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
Don’t Look Away - Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home and give the gift of belonging.
Outcomes, Not Processes - Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal and back out the journey
Get Uncomfortable - Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure and sign up for the hairy challenges.
“Where is it Engraved…” - Question orthodoxy.
Share in the Victory Dance - No one summits alone. Leverage the best in other and offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fuels our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religious backgrounds can do their best work.
Meet Some of Knotel's Employees
Senior Operations Manager
As Senior Operations Manager, Nora oversees all day-to-day operations across Knotel spaces. An important aspect of Nora's role is focusing on scaling Knotel's differentiated services for members.
Back to top