Project Architect (Berlin)
The Senior Project Architect will analyze spaces and apply Knotel’s standards for design and architecture. They will navigate building codes and shape the direction of Knotel’s physical spaces across Europe.
They will work on many stages of numerous projects, from assessing spaces to developing schematic documents to participating in construction administration. They will establish and maintain external vendor relationships, oversee construction standards, and advise architectural design. Knotel’s team embraces curiosity, integrity, hospitality and tenacious problem-solving, and the Senior Project Architect will contribute to this culture while pushing us to innovate and do our best work.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with Knotel’s internal teams -- real estate, project management, workplace strategy, branding, and interior design -- to improve and streamline the process of assessing, designing and building out properties
- Apply Knotel workplace strategy into new and existing spaces, while understanding architectural principles
- External vendor management, contracts and RFPs
- Quality control all projects to ensure code compliance, adherence to standards, and best design practices
- Research new and innovative ways to shape our workspaces in the future
Who You Are
You are a keen, eager learner who turns every experience into a growth opportunity. You maintain exceptionally high standards for your work and environment, always looking for better ways of doing things. You would never say that something “isn’t your job,” and you know how to balance hustle with poise in the way you conduct yourself. You also have the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture
- 4-7 years of professional experience with 2-3 years of architectural project management experience (Registered Architect a plus)
- Experience managing a team of at least 2 junior staff
- Ability to solve and manage any issues that may arise during the entire project, from the signing of a lease to the new opening
- High level understanding of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, sprinkler, and fire alarm systems with the ability to coordinate their impact on a space
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, and Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop)
- Strong time management and communication skills. With the ability to manage multiple fast-track projects simultaneously
Knotel is the world’s leading flexible workspace platform that matches, tailors and manages space for customers. Knotel caters to established and growing companies, giving them the freedom to focus on their business, culture, and people. With over 5 million square feet across 200 locations in four continents, Knotel is transforming commercial real estate and moving companies forward.
Knotel was founded in 2016 to give businesses the flexibility and speed to scale on their own terms. All Knotel spaces are tailored to the needs of each individual company by an in-house team of architects, interior designers, and workplace strategists. For more information, please visit www.knotel.com.
Our Core Values
Fly your Flag - Don’t check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
Don’t Look Away- Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home and give the gift of belonging.
Outcomes, Not Processes- Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal and back out the journey.
Get Uncomfortable- Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure and sign up for the hairy challenges.
“Where is it Engraved…”- Question orthodoxy.
Share in the Victory Dance- No one summits alone. Leverage the best in others and offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fosters our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive culture where people of any race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law can do their best work and fly their flag. This is all fueled by our employees, who drive the efforts and initiatives further outlined here.
Back to top