Working alongside our Lead Architect, the Project Architect will be charged with developing schematic design and managing construction documentation of many of our new office spaces from start to finish. They will learn about design, architecture, and building codes, while helping shape the direction of Knotel’s physical spaces throughout New York City. Knotel’s team embraces curiosity, integrity, hospitality and tenacious problem-solving, and the Project Architect will contribute to this culture while pushing us to innovate and do our best work.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with other teams at Knotel in owning the entire design scope for new buildings, including sales renderings and scopes of work and more.
- Communicate regularly with the sales team in providing customizable solutions for clients needs
- Work collaboratively with internal and external team members throughout the design process
- Research new, innovative ways to shape our workspaces in the future
Who You Are
You are a keen, eager learner who turns every experience into a growth opportunity. You are someone who wants to become a master of architectural design in New York, and you aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty while doing it. You maintain exceptionally high standards for your work and environment, always looking for better ways of doing things. You would never say that something “isn’t your job”, and you know how to balance hustle with poise in the way you conduct yourself. You also have the following:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture
- 1-3 years experience using AutoCAD and Revit
- Ability to solve and manage any issues that may arise during the entire project, from the signing of a lease to the new opening.
- Excellent proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Adobe Photoshop
- Excellent proficiency in Presentation designing and rendering Interiors
- Proficiency in Google SketchUp
Knotel is transforming the office market with its Agile HQ™ Platform. Making long-term leases a thing of the past, Knotel designs, builds, and operates custom spaces for established and growing brands, so they can be free to grow their businesses at will and build what’s never been built.
Named a Business Insider Top 50 Startup and New York's Hottest New Workspace Model, Knotel has over 50 locations across more than 1 million square feet in New York, San Francisco, London, and Berlin. Founded in 2016, Knotel has raised $100 million in funding. Knotel’s member network includes companies like Starbucks, Cheddar, and King. Visit www.Knotel.com.
Our Core Values
Fly your Flag - Don’t check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
Don’t Look Away- Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home and give the gift of belonging.
Outcomes, Not Processes- Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal and back out the journey.
Get Uncomfortable- Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure and sign up for the hairy challenges.
“Where is it Engraved…”- Question orthodoxy.
Share in the Victory Dance- No one summits alone. Leverage the best in others and offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fosters our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religious backgrounds can do their best work.This is all fueled by our employees, who drive the efforts and initiatives outlined here.
Meet Some of Knotel's Employees
Senior Operations Manager
As Senior Operations Manager, Nora oversees all day-to-day operations across Knotel spaces. An important aspect of Nora's role is focusing on scaling Knotel's differentiated services for members.
Back to top