The Network Engineer will work alongside our Launch Team and be responsible for working with clients to deliver best-in-class network services. Delivering the next-generation of Knotel’s network infrastructure, the engineer will be required to have a solid understanding of technology interoperability with a focus on routing, security and wireless. Strong problem-solving methodologies, resourcefulness and intellectual curiosity are key Knotel virtues and will be paramount to the candidate’s success.
What You’ll Do
- Implement solutions based on industry best practices for networking and security.
- Manage existing routers, Wi-Fi hardware and firewalls.
- Catalog and respond to client inquiries (Phones, Internet, Printer, etc.)
- Ensure that client needs are exceeded as they grow to larger spaces.
- Create, maintain and improve network support documentation and processes.
- Perform site surveys to map out cabling between floors and Wi-Fi AP locations.
- Sync with partners on hardware orders.
- Coordinate with multiple ISPs to ensure timely delivery of circuit installs and upgrades.
Who You Are
You are someone who brings a functional experience in networking and is ready to take on a more hands-on role that is certain to increase your knowledge in the field by application. You are someone who can learn quickly and take ownership of the projects that are given to you. You are highly self-driven but can take direction well and execute on shared vision.
Additional technical requirements below:
- 3-5 years experience with Cisco hardware (Cisco Catalyst – All Models, Nexus, Meraki)
- 1-2 years experience with Firewalls (SonicWall, Fortinet, ASA, Palo Alto, Checkpoint)
- Working knowledge of the following: TCP/IP, OSPF, EIGRP, STP, VPN
- Functional knowledge of the following: 802.1x, MAB, IPSec, VRFs
- Strong technical writing abilities so that processes can be documented.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects at once.
Knotel is transforming the office market with its Agile HQ™ Platform. Making long-term leases a thing of the past, Knotel designs, builds, and operates custom spaces for established and growing brands, so they can be free to grow their businesses at will and build what's never been built.
Named a Business Insider Top 50 Startup and New York's Hottest New Workspace Model, Knotel has over 45 locations across over 1 million square feet in New York, San Francisco, and London. Founded in 2016, Knotel has raised over $95 million in funding. Knotel’s member network includes companies like Starbucks, Cheddar, Stash, and King. Visit www.Knotel.com.
Our Core Values
Fly your Flag - Don’t check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
Don’t Look Away- Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home and give the gift of belonging.
Outcomes, Not Processes- Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal and back out the journey.
Get Uncomfortable- Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure and sign up for the hairy challenges.
“Where is it Engraved…”- Question orthodoxy.
Share in the Victory Dance- No one summits alone. Leverage the best in others and offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fosters our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religious backgrounds can do their best work.This is all fueled by our employees, who drive the efforts and initiatives outlined here.
Meet Some of Knotel's Employees
Senior Operations Manager
As Senior Operations Manager, Nora oversees all day-to-day operations across Knotel spaces. An important aspect of Nora's role is focusing on scaling Knotel's differentiated services for members.
Back to top