Manager, Building Services
As an essential member of our Member Experiene team, the Building Services Manager will ensure our spaces operate seamlessly. His or her work will reflect our high standard for hospitality that is central to Knotel’s values, no matter what challenges arise. Our team embraces curiosity, integrity, urgency, and tenacious problem-solving, and the Facilities Manager will contribute to this culture while pushing us to innovate and do our best work.
What You’ll Do
- Efficiently fulfill requests for repairs across Knotel’s sites
- Partner with Launch Operations leaders in developing and implementing process improvements
- Maintain and oversee the ticketing system in order to manage daily schedule and priorities
- Leverage approved external vendors to help fulfill requests and meet deadlines
- Manage part-time staff and subcontractors to achieve excellent outcomes in our spaces
- Balance careful budgeting against necessary spend on improvements and repairs
Who You Are
You are a natural problem-solver with a bias towards action and exceptionally high standards for your work. You pick up new skills quickly - especially when it comes to building, improving, and repairing things - and you know that great work on individual tasks is essential for big-picture success. You’re quick on your feet, unfazed by challenges, and care deeply about the presentation of spaces in which you work. You may not be an expert General Contractor in every respect, but have a grasp on the basics and know when to bring others into the fold. You also have the following:
- Confidence with tools, basic plumbing and electrical work, patching and painting, wall mounting, furniture assembly, and other similar tasks
- No concerns about carrying up to 50 pounds
- The ability to work flexible hours (e.g. mornings, evenings, weekends) to accommodate Knotel members’ schedules
Knotel is a fast growing real estate startup that is inventing new ways to get things done in a traditional industry. Led by veteran founders, Knotel creates custom headquarters for companies without any of the headaches. Whether for 20 or 500 people, for 6 months or 6 years, Knotel provides businesses the flexibility and design they need in office space so they can focus on their work.
Our Core Values
Fly your Flag - Don’t check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
Don’t Look Away- Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home and give the gift of belonging.
Outcomes, Not Processes- Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal and back out the journey
Get Uncomfortable- Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure and sign up for the hairy challenges.
“Where is it Engraved…”- Question orthodoxy.
Share in the Victory Dance- No one summits alone. Leverage the best in others and offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fuels our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religious backgrounds can do their best work.
Meet Some of Knotel's Employees
Senior Operations Manager
As Senior Operations Manager, Nora oversees all day-to-day operations across Knotel spaces. An important aspect of Nora's role is focusing on scaling Knotel's differentiated services for members.
Back to top