Lead Software Developer
Working alongside our Product Development team, the Lead Software Developer will lead a team that builds amazing things. S/he will lead the development of tech innovations that make Knotel’s product offerings easily available from mobile, tablet, and computer devices. In doing so, s/he will hone leadership and project management skills while furthering Knotel’s reputation as a leader in technology and real estate. Knotel’s team embraces curiosity, integrity, hospitality and tenacious problem-solving, and the Lead Software Developer will contribute to this culture while pushing us to innovate and do our best work.
What You’ll Do
- Lead and grow distributed and local teams to maintain and evolve our technology platform and achieve strategic goals by creating extensible design and easy-to-maintain solutions
- Set a long-term technology vision and exhibit strong judgement on product definition and system design, including recommendations on build-vs-buy solutions
- Collaborate with teams across the organization on idea generation
- Deliver customer-facing products/services in a high-growth environment, demonstrating strong ability to identify and solve ambiguous customer-focused problems
Who You Are
You have a proven track record of building successful, large-scale consumer software products. You’re flexible and entrepreneurial. You are a true owner who is passionate about customer experience and drives relentlessly to innovate on behalf of our customers. Cultivating talent within others excites you, and you know how to hire, train, and mentor others in a way that inspires them and produces great results. You are comfortable with a high degree of ambiguity and skilled at delivering roadmaps that include fast iterations and experimentation. You also have the following:
- Knowledge of coding best practices and design patterns, and ability to evaluate code quality and enforce coding standards
- Leadership experience hiring and mentoring developers (in-house and distributed)
- Ability to manage projects from conception to release accomplishing business goals
- Experience managing developers, conducting standups with in-house and remote workers, and coordinating with Product Managers
- 2+ years experience releasing software on a continuous basis
- 7+ years experience in building successful production software systems
- BA/BS degree in computer science, related field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience MongoDB or other NoSQL solution, and the ability to architect data structures and schemas in a NoSQL environment
- Experience with back end development (Node.js, PHP, Ruby, C# etc)
- Working knowledge of DevOps and related tools such as Ansible, Docker, Chef, Puppet
- Familiarity managing hosted infrastructure on AWS
- Experience integrating with third party APIs
Knotel is a fast growing real estate startup that is inventing new ways to get things done in a traditional industry. Led by veteran founders, Knotel creates custom headquarters for companies without any of the headaches. Whether for 20 or 200 people, for 6 months or 6 years, Knotel provides businesses the flexibility and design they need in office space so they can focus on their work.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fuels our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religious backgrounds can do their best work.
Meet Some of Knotel's Employees
As General Manager, Guillermo oversees the smooth operation of two buildings in New York City, as well as the teams that run those spaces.
Back to top