Lead Product Designer
Working alongside our Product Development and Marketing teams, the Lead Product Designer will be charged with shaping, standardizing, and managing all digital design at Knotel, including web design, mobile UI/UX, and depending on skill-set, graphic design. S/he will hone skills in incorporating the vision of multiple stakeholders into a single, cohesive product while enabling Knotel’s business model to scale with greater efficiency. Knotel’s team embraces curiosity, integrity, hospitality and tenacious problem-solving, and the Lead Product Designer will contribute to this culture while pushing us to innovate and do our best work.
What You’ll Do
- Create wireframes, prototypes and interaction studies (preferably using motion)
- Design, conduct and document usability evaluations using a variety of techniques including prototypes and existing interfaces
- Unify Knotel’s digital experience across multiple platforms: Web, iOS and Android UI/UX
- Develop digital style and design guidelines for other departments to follow
- Collaborate with Product to spec and wireframe new features
- Work across multiple teams, primarily Product Development and Marketing, and interface with senior management
- Build and lead a design team to keep pace with growth over time
Who You Are
You are an excellent written and verbal communicator, excel at collaborating with online project management platforms, and experienced in fast-paced environments with changing requirements. You know how to take inputs and requirements from diverse stakeholders and fuse them into a single product. Your organizational skills enable you to effectively execute usability evaluations without missing a beat. You also have the following:
- 5-7 years experience in digital design, preferably in a startup environment
- Mastery of the tools you use to create your designs (Sketch and the Adobe Creative Suite)
- Advanced knowledge of rapid prototyping tools, such as InVision
- Fluency in best practices for mobile and web-based design, as well as strong knowledge of information architecture
- Understanding of the technical development process, or ability to code (preferred, but not required)
- Ability to develop and/or oversee graphic design (preferred, but not required)
Knotel is a fast growing real estate startup that is inventing new ways to get things done in a traditional industry. Led by veteran founders, Knotel creates custom headquarters for companies without any of the headaches. Whether for 20 or 500 people, for 6 months or 6 years, Knotel provides businesses the flexibility and design they need in office space so they can focus on their work.
Our Core Values
Fly your Flag - Don’t check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
Don’t Look Away - Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home and give the gift of belonging.
Outcomes, Not Processes - Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal and back out the journey
Get Uncomfortable - Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure and sign up for the hairy challenges.
“Where is it Engraved…” - Question orthodoxy.
Share in the Victory Dance - No one summits alone. Leverage the best in other and offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fuels our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religious backgrounds can do their best work.
Meet Some of Knotel's Employees
Senior Operations Manager
As Senior Operations Manager, Nora oversees all day-to-day operations across Knotel spaces. An important aspect of Nora's role is focusing on scaling Knotel's differentiated services for members.
Back to top