Lead Fullstack Developer
Working alongside our Product Development team, the Lead Fullstack Developer will set our long-term technology vision and lead a team that builds enterprise-level applications that increase our operational efficiencies. S/he will lead the fullstack development of tech innovations that make Knotel’s product offerings easily available from mobile, tablet, and computer devices. In doing so, s/he must exhibit strong judgment on product definition and system design, including recommendations on build-vs-buy solutions. This is a great opportunity for a senior engineer to hone their leadership and project management skills while furthering Knotel’s reputation as a leader in technology and real estate.
We employ a wide variety of technologies here at Knotel. We believe in using the right tools for the right job, and continue to explore new technology options as we grow. Our tech stack currently using the following technologies:
- Other Tech: MongoDB, NoSQL, Docker
We're more concerned about general programming skills over experience with specific frameworks. We're currently harnessing Meteor.js for our front-end development and Node.js on the back-end.
What You’ll Do
- Establish development and coding best practices while actually building products that meet those standards
- Architect data structures and schemas in a NoSQL environment
- Lead and grow distributed and local teams to maintain and evolve our technology platform and achieve strategic goals by creating extensible design and easy-to-maintain solutions
- Collaborate with teams across the organization on idea generation
- Deliver customer-facing products/services in a high-growth environment, demonstrating strong ability to identify and solve ambiguous customer-focused problems
- Leverage your knowledge of DevOps and related tools such as Ansible, Docker, Chef, Puppet to improve deployment and development flows.
Who You Are
You have a proven track record of building successful, large-scale consumer software products. You're skilled at technical programming and love the challenge of utilizing a variety of different coding languages and tools. You’re flexible and entrepreneurial. You are a true owner who is passionate about leveraging tech to innovate how we interact with our customers. Cultivating talent within others excites you, and you know how to hire, train, and mentor others in a way that inspires them and produces great results. You are comfortable with a high degree of ambiguity and skilled at delivering roadmaps that include fast iterations and experimentation. You also have the following:
- 7+ years experience in building successful production software systems
- 2+ years experience releasing software on a continuous basis
- Knowledge of coding best practices and design patterns, and ability to evaluate code quality and enforce coding standards
- Ability to manage projects from conception to release accomplishing business goals
- BA/BS degree in computer science, related field, or equivalent practical experience
Knotel is a fast growing real estate startup that is inventing new ways to get things done in a traditional industry. Led by veteran founders, Knotel creates custom headquarters for companies without any of the headaches. Whether for 20 or 500 people, for 6 months or 6 years, Knotel provides businesses the flexibility and design they need in office space so they can focus on their work.
Our Core Values
Fly your Flag - Don’t check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
Don’t Look Away - Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home and give the gift of belonging.
Outcomes, Not Processes - Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal and back out the journey
Get Uncomfortable - Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure and sign up for the hairy challenges.
“Where is it Engraved…” - Question orthodoxy.
Share in the Victory Dance - No one summits alone. Leverage the best in other and offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fuels our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religious backgrounds can do their best work.
Meet Some of Knotel's Employees
Senior Operations Manager
As Senior Operations Manager, Nora oversees all day-to-day operations across Knotel spaces. An important aspect of Nora's role is focusing on scaling Knotel's differentiated services for members.
Back to top