Junior IT Support Technician
Knotel is looking for a Junior IT Support Specialist to help maintain its workspaces in NYC. You will report directly to the IT Lead under Launch Operations Team in supporting Daily Operations to identify issues, resolve daily IT related problems, and help create systems to increase productivity and reduce downtime. The ideal candidate is a master multi-tasker who can stay organized, work quickly and efficiently, follow through problems until a solution is found, and can remain on task without direct supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As a Junior IT Support Technician your duties can include but are not limited to:
- Troubleshooting to detect and solve technical problems.
- Installing or updating required hardware and software and recommending computer products or equipment to improve productivity and efficiency.
- Maintaining the company's computer services and equipment.
- Meet with clients experiencing technical issues, resolve and document repairs
- Support General Manager’s site to site technical concerns
- Identify and report on-going issues
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and written
- Maintain and manage hardware for Knotel and our clients at several locations throughout Manhattan and Brooklyn
- Maintain an organized system of documentation
- Work from and continue to improve IT assistance guides and documents
- Produce synthesized status reports to management
- This job may require hours outside of a traditional 9-5, as we tend to schedule work on weekends and nights to avoid impacting members’ work days.
- 2+ years of customer service experience is a plus, 2+ years of PC and Apple software, and hardware troubleshooting/repair.
- A combination of certifications including A+, Network+ or Security+ are preferred but not required.
- Have a basic understanding of Windows OS (Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10), Mac OS X Snow Leopard through Sierra.
- An understanding of network hardware including access points, routers, and switches.
- Having a basic understanding of Audio/Video equipment such as TV’s, Apple TV, and Chromecasts is a plus.
- Some execution and physical labor will be a part of the daily job. You must be able to carry at least 50 lbs.
Knotel provides flexible workspace for growing companies. We've built a community of seasoned entrepreneurs across eight locations this year. We help our members focus on scaling their businesses by taking care of their office-space needs in the background.
Meet Some of Knotel's Employees
As General Manager, Guillermo oversees the smooth operation of two buildings in New York City, as well as the teams that run those spaces.
Back to top