As an essential member of our Launch Operations team, the Facilities Manager will ensure our spaces operate seamlessly. His or her work will reflect our high standard for hospitality that is central to Knotel’s values, no matter what challenges arise. Our team embraces curiosity, integrity, urgency, and tenacious problem-solving, and the Facilities Manager will contribute to this culture while pushing us to innovate and do our best work.
What You’ll Do
- Efficiently fulfill requests for repairs across Knotel’s sites
- Partner with Launch Operations leaders in developing and implementing process improvements
- Maintain and oversee the ticketing system in order to manage daily schedule and priorities
- Leverage approved external vendors to help fulfill requests and meet deadlines
- Manage part-time staff and subcontractors to achieve excellent outcomes in our spaces
- Balance careful budgeting against necessary spend on improvements and repairs
Who You Are
You are a natural problem-solver with a bias towards action and exceptionally high standards for your work. You pick up new skills quickly - especially when it comes to building, improving, and repairing things - and you know that great work on individual tasks is essential for big-picture success. You’re quick on your feet, unfazed by challenges, and care deeply about the presentation of spaces in which you work. You may not be an expert General Contractor in every respect, but have a grasp on the basics and know when to bring others into the fold. You also have the following:
- Confidence with tools, basic plumbing and electrical work, patching and painting, wall mounting, furniture assembly, and other similar tasks
- No concerns about carrying up to 50 pounds
- The ability to work flexible hours (e.g. mornings, evenings, weekends) to accommodate Knotel members’ schedules
Knotel is a fast growing real estate startup that is inventing new ways to get things done in a traditional industry. Led by veteran founders, Knotel creates custom headquarters for companies without any of the headaches. Whether for 20 or 200 people, for 6 months or 6 years, Knotel provides businesses the flexibility and design they need in office space so they can focus on their work.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fuels our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religious backgrounds can do their best work.
Meet Some of Knotel's Employees
Senior Operations Manager
As Senior Operations Manager, Nora oversees all day-to-day operations across Knotel spaces. An important aspect of Nora's role is focusing on scaling Knotel's differentiated services for members.
Back to top