Knotel is seeking an experienced Data Engineer to build data products that will help inform better business decisions. Data is at the core of what we do. It is how we get insights into the effectiveness of our physical and digital products. In this role, the Data Engineer will set the vision and build our data infrastructure that will scale with us as we continue to grow. He/she will own back-end systems and will be responsible for design, development, and evolution of architecture going forward.
What You’ll Do
- Design and develop dimensional data models and schema designs (OLTP, OLAP)
- Design and develop robust data processing pipelines
- Build APIs that allow us to access the right information faster across the Knotel infrastructure
- Build and maintain large-scale data infrastructure
- Create data tools for Analytics and Data Science
- Partner closely with product to contribute to the Data Product roadmap
- Work across multiple team in high visibility roles and own solutions end to end
Who You Are
You’re passionate about data. You apply quantitative information to solve business challenges. You know how to design, build, and manage modern back-end architecture (microservices, etc.). Listening and collaboration are core competencies, and you excel when working closely with Product Management, Analytics, and other internal stakeholders. In addition to maintaining a robust/resilient system, you ship high quality code on time. You also have the following:
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related discipline
- 5+ years developing data processing infrastructure in an Agile environment
- Deep understanding of distributed systems concepts and principles
- Experience developing design rationale of databases through conceptual, logical, and physical modeling
- Diverse development experience across database types (relational, NoSQL, graph)
- Expert proficiency in SQL and Python and/or Scala; significant experience in ETL design, implementation, and maintenance (Airflow, DBT, Luigi)
- Experience developing data warehouses (Redshift, Snowflake)
- Experience developing internal and external APIs (REST, GraphQL)
- Familiarity with front-end development frameworks (React)
- Familiarity with IOT, streaming frameworks (Spark, Kafka, MQTT), and time series databases
Knotel is transforming the office market with its Agile HQ™ Platform. Making long-term leases a thing of the past, Knotel designs, builds, and operates custom spaces for established and growing brands, so they can be free to grow their businesses at will and build what's never been built.
Named a Business Insider Top 50 Startup and New York's Hottest New Workspace Model, Knotel has over 45 locations across over 1 million square feet in New York, San Francisco, London, and Berlin. Founded in 2016, Knotel has raised over $95 million in funding. Knotel’s member network includes companies like Starbucks, Cheddar, Stash, and King. Visit www.Knotel.com.
Our Core Values
Fly your Flag - Don’t check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
Don’t Look Away- Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home and give the gift of belonging.
Outcomes, Not Processes- Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal and back out the journey
Get Uncomfortable- Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure and sign up for the hairy challenges.
“Where is it Engraved…”- Question orthodoxy.
Share in the Victory Dance- No one summits alone. Leverage the best in others and offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fosters our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religious backgrounds can do their best work.This is all fueled by our employees, who drive the efforts and initiatives outlined here.
Meet Some of Knotel's Employees
Senior Operations Manager
As Senior Operations Manager, Nora oversees all day-to-day operations across Knotel spaces. An important aspect of Nora's role is focusing on scaling Knotel's differentiated services for members.
Back to top