Reporting directly to our Head of Finance, the Controller will be charged with leading Knotel’s accounting and financial reporting functions, including accounts payable and accounts receivable. S/he will build strong partnerships across Knotel’s different departments while ensuring that our reporting reflects best practices in accounting principles. Knotel’s team embraces curiosity, integrity, hospitality and tenacious problem-solving, and the Controller will contribute to this culture while pushing us to innovate and do our best work.
What You’ll Do
- Design, implement, and manage accounting systems and processes that enable Knotel’s continued growth
- Develop proper, GAAP-based accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls to ensure effective control and compliant reporting
- Oversee month-end close - including general accruals, options expense, capitalized leasehold improvements and FF&E, and other GAAP accounting requirements
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual results and related management reporting and analysis, in a timely manner. Ensure location P&Ls are timely and accurately reported
- Oversee daily cash management, supervising both AP and AR transactions to produce accurate and timely billing, collections, payments, and reporting thereof
- Project manage financial audits and tax return preparation (state, local, federal)
Who You Are
You are a “numbers person” and a “people person” who is immaculately organized and always looking for more efficient ways of doing things. You bring energy and new ideas to your work, and leverage them to build strong relationships with colleagues across teams. Guided by deep experience in finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles, you know how to keep many complex projects moving forward without losing momentum. You also have the following:
- Experience with automated financial and accounting reporting systems (NetSuite preferred), automated payroll systems, and external audit preparation and management
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field with a strong record of academic achievement (CPA preferred)
Knotel is a fast growing real estate startup that is inventing new ways to get things done in a traditional industry. Led by veteran founders, Knotel creates custom headquarters for companies without any of the headaches. Whether for 20 or 200 people, for 6 months or 6 years, Knotel provides businesses the flexibility and design they need in office space so they can focus on their work.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fuels our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religious backgrounds can do their best work.
Meet Some of Knotel's Employees
As General Manager, Guillermo oversees the smooth operation of two buildings in New York City, as well as the teams that run those spaces.
Back to top