Build Project Manager
Knotel is looking for Build Project Managers to help build its workspaces in NYC. You will work closely with Launch Operations to plan, organize, and manage the build out process from start to finish. The ideal candidate is a master multi-tasker who can stay organized, work quickly and efficiently, hold people accountable, and isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- With the Launch Operations team, plan and direct build outs of single floors and/or entire buildings from start to finish:
- Oversee daily work on buildout sites.
- Schedule and manage contractors and part time staff.
- Plan and place all orders, keep track of orders received, and inventory further needs.
- Track build out expenses.
- Oversee the construction and building of furniture and layout implementation while making necessary adjustments.
- Keep project site organized and progress on schedule to meet building opening deadlines.
- Work from and continue to improve comprehensive buildout manual.
- Produce synthesized status reports for management on progress.
- Have a basic understanding of tool use, assembly, wall mounting TVs and other equipment, best safety practices, and other handy skills. Some execution and physical labor will be a part of the daily job. You must be able to carry at least 50 lbs.
- This job may require hours outside of a traditional 9-5, as we tend to schedule work on weekends and nights to avoid impacting members’ work days.
Some project management experience is preferred, especially experience managing staff, creating and tracking budgets, and designing schedules. We are also looking for familiarity working with any project management tools and reading blueprints. However, any candidate with a demonstrated record of commitment to detail, organization, and management may apply.
Knotel is a fast growing real estate startup that is inventing new ways to get things done in a traditional industry. Led by veteran founders, Knotel creates custom headquarters for companies without any of the headaches. Whether for 20 or 200 people, for 6 months or 6 years, Knotel provides businesses the flexibility and design they need in office space so they can focus on their work.
Meet Some of Knotel's Employees
As General Manager, Guillermo oversees the smooth operation of two buildings in New York City, as well as the teams that run those spaces.
Back to top