Assistant Project Manager (CONSTRUCTION)
Reporting directly to our Head of Construction, the Assistant Project Manager will help drive the build-out process at new Knotel locations. He or she will partner with senior management to design, budget and manage the buildout of our new locations. The ability for the construction manager to deliver is essential for overall customer satisfaction and will transform how we execute at a high level as we scale. Knotel’s team embraces curiosity, integrity, hospitality and tenacious problem-solving, and the Construction Manager will contribute to this culture while pushing us to innovate and do our best work.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with architects and designers to develop construction scopes of work
- Create estimates, budgets, timelines for project completion, and manage construction projects to ensure that milestones are met on time and under budget
- Ensure General Contractors deliver a high-quality product to maintain Knotel’s standards
- Proactively communicate risks and opportunities regarding constructability, cost, quality, and schedule concerns to internal Knotel team members
- Build and maintain relationships with internal team members and external vendors
- Provide constructability feedback during due diligence phase and through life of project to identify potential issues around unique building conditions
Who You Are
You are a keen, eager learner who turns every experience into a growth opportunity. You have experience in the construction field and love everything from budgeting and negotiating. You enjoy spending time in on construction sites and manipulating Excel spreadsheets, and get energy from balancing these activities. You maintain exceptionally high standards for your work and environment, always looking for better ways of doing things. You would never say that something “isn’t your job”, and you know how to balance hustle with poise in the way you conduct yourself. You also have the following:
- Exceptional attention to detail
- A fearlessness about getting your hands dirty - literally and figuratively
- Deep experience in construction and design
- Experience with bidding tools, construction management software, and managing budgets
- A record of strong performance in academic and professional settings
Knotel is a fast growing real estate startup that is inventing new ways to get things done in a traditional industry. Led by veteran founders, Knotel creates custom headquarters for companies without any of the headaches. Whether for 20 or 200 people, for 6 months or 6 years, Knotel provides businesses the flexibility and design they need in office space so they can focus on their work.
Our Core Values
Fly your Flag - Don’t check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
Don’t Look Away - Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home and give the gift of belonging.
Outcomes, Not Processes - Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal and back out the journey
Get Uncomfortable - Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure and sign up for the hairy challenges.
“Where is it Engraved…” - Question orthodoxy.
Share in the Victory Dance - No one summits alone. Leverage the best in other and offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fuels our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religious backgrounds can do their best work.
Meet Some of Knotel's Employees
Senior Operations Manager
As Senior Operations Manager, Nora oversees all day-to-day operations across Knotel spaces. An important aspect of Nora's role is focusing on scaling Knotel's differentiated services for members.
Back to top