Site Reliability Engineer
Klaviyo is growing fast and we have openings for all skill levels across all of our teams. Learn more about our engineering culture at https://klaviyo.tech
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) is what you get when you treat system operations as a software engineering problem. The mission of the Site Reliability Engineering team is to ensure uninterrupted service for Klaviyo customers and act as a force multiplier for Klaviyo product teams to deliver better software faster.
The SRE team builds foundational backend services as well as tooling and automation to allow product teams to release and scale their software reliably and predictably. SREs are team players who embed themselves within product teams as needed to advance the architecture and performance of software systems and train their peers in topics such as debugging distributed systems, building self-healing applications and eking out every drop of performance possible.
As a Site Reliability Engineer you will own foundational Klaviyo services and make a big impact on the productivity of our product engineering teams.
How you will make a difference:
- Ship foundational services to enable Klaviyo engineering to move faster with confidence
- Design and develop systems and processes that enable highly available & scalable systems
- Achieve break-throughs in systems throughput by identifying and eliminating bottlenecks
- Leverage technology such as Python, AWS, Django, Kubernetes, Bash, Terraform, MySQL, Redis, Cassandra, Postgresql to advance Klaviyo’s platform
- Champion best practices by actively collaborating with other teams in a culture that values whiteboarding and technical design review
- Contribute to the company in multiple areas, constantly pushing yourself to be a better engineer and to level up all of your peers within your team and within Klaviyo.
- Design, write and deliver software to dramatically improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of Klaviyo’s services
- Participate in periodic on call duties with a focus on solving issues when they are discovered, preventing recurrences and minimizing alert fatigue
- Implement architectural improvements to achieve breakthrough results in Klaviyo systems’ operational scalability and reliability.
- Work hand-in-hand with product-facing engineers and other SREs to ship impactful code
- Perform quantitative analysis to understand and scale Klaviyo systems
- Uncover and advocate for preventative, upstream solutions with internal stakeholders
- Evangelize Site Reliability best practices across the engineering organization
Who You Are:
- BA or BS Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience
- Ability to handle yourself in outage situations and to drive failures to root cause analysis and prevention of future issues
- Understanding of Linux (we run Ubuntu) and all layers of the networking stack
- Experience working on an engineering team building software
- Experience writing code using best practices in a language such as Python, Ruby, Go, etc.
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is the world’s leading owned marketing platform known for accelerating revenue for online businesses using the channels they own like email, web, and mobile. Enabling companies to leverage these owned marketing channels, Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. And unlike other marketing platforms, Klaviyo doesn’t force companies to compromise between advanced functionality or ease of use - so companies of all sizes are able to maximize their sales quickly. That’s why over 28,000+ innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink and Eventbrite sell more with Klaviyo
Back to top