Senior Product Designer
- Boston, MA
Klaviyo is a product-driven company, and we’re passionate about user experience and design.
The Senior Product Designer will join a team and be involved in every aspect of the product conceptualization and development process. Responsibilities range from brainstorming the next great product, prototyping the experience, pairing with engineering and product management during agile development, tweaking pixels right before launch, and working with customers to perform usability testing. You will be expected to utilize your full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills, and – individually – you will own the experience for at least one area/feature of the Klaviyo product.
You’ll additionally work with the design team to improve the overall user experience of the Klaviyo product as well as its individual interaction patterns and components. On top of that, you will work to grow the quality of the product as well as the design capabilities of the company and agile teams.
Klaviyo Design Elsewhere:
How you will make a difference:
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for our rapidly growing customer base.
- Contribute to the company and product style guide.
- Design user flows and experiences that are intuitive and simple to use.
- Advocating for good user experience across our platform by representing our customers in product strategy and roadmap discussions.
- Partner with product managers, engineers, researchers and content strategists to oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch (and then some).
- Pair with design resources on marketing and other teams to ensure consistency across Klaviyo web properties and initiatives.
- Help grow the product design/UX team by actively partaking in hiring and mentoring responsibilities.
- Give, solicit, and take feedback from other designers, engineers, and product managers to continually raise our bar for quality.
- Understanding and co-ownership of success metrics for owned product areas.
Who You Are:
- Previous experience in building and shipping applications/software at scale and iterating over time.
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced experimental or start-up environment collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders.
- A deep understanding of the end-to-end iterative UX process, including wire-framing, prototyping, user research, and design systems.
- The ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision (not just 'how it should look' but 'what we should build' and ‘how we will know customers love it’).
- High fidelity UI & interaction design abilities that can be demonstrated through a current portfolio of projects.
- Ability to mentor junior designers, and to give creative direction to bring out their best work
- The ability to adapt to new information and an openness to change conclusions when necessary; if one approach doesn’t work, you’re ready to try something else.
- A keen sense of how to prioritize your projects and time.
- You possess excellent communication skills (you should be able to clearly articulate your design process, inspiration, and decisions).
- Experience with modern design tools (Sketch, Figma, Invision, Abstract, etc).
- Growth mindset.
- Industry experience in e-commerce, marketing tech or SaaS is a strong asset.
- Design experience across a variety of platforms (desktop, tablet, iOS, Android, etc.).
- Experience developing or contributing to an actively evolving design system.
- Some understanding / prior experience working with CSS (LESS/SASS) for building responsive applications.
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is the world’s leading owned marketing platform known for accelerating revenue for online businesses using the channels they own like email, web, and mobile. Enabling companies to leverage these owned marketing channels, Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. And unlike other marketing platforms, Klaviyo doesn’t force companies to compromise between advanced functionality or ease of use - so companies of all sizes are able to maximize their sales quickly. That’s why over 50,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink and Eventbrite sell more with Klaviyo.
Klaviyo does not tolerate and prohibits discrimination, harassment or retaliation of or against job applicants, contractors, interns, volunteers or employees by another employee, supervisor, vendor, customer or any third party.
Back to top