Senior Product Designer
- Boston, MA
Klaviyo is a technology company that combines customer data and marketing software. We help businesses of every size — from entrepreneurs to iconic brands — deliver amazing experiences across email and other owned channels. We thrive on solving challenging problems and our mission is to empower creators to own their destiny.
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to work fluidly and collaboratively with the rest of the organization through all aspects of the design process. The role demands great execution, an obsession with quality, and creative problem solving for users and business goals. You will join a team and be involved in every aspect of the product conceptualization and development process. Responsibilities range from brainstorming the next great product, prototyping the experience, pairing with engineering and product management during agile development, tweaking pixels right before launch, and working with customers to perform usability testing. You will be expected to utilize your full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills, and – individually – you will own the experience for at least one area/feature of the Klaviyo product.
You’ll additionally work with the design team to improve the overall user experience of the Klaviyo product as well as its individual interaction patterns and components. On top of that, you will work to grow the quality of the product as well as the design capabilities of the company and agile teams.
How You’ll Make a Difference:
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for our rapidly growing customer base.
- Contribute to the company and product style guide.
- Design user flows and experiences that are intuitive and simple to use.
- Advocating for good user experience across our platform by representing our customers in product strategy and roadmap discussions.
- Partner with product managers, engineers, researchers and content strategists to oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch (and then some).
- Help grow the product design/UX team by actively partaking in hiring and mentoring responsibilities.
- Give, solicit, and take feedback from other designers, engineers, and product managers to continually raise our bar for quality.
- Understanding and co-ownership of success metrics for owned product areas.
What You’ll Need
- 5+ years of professional design experience.
- You have a portfolio of projects supporting end-to-end product development cycle, from audience definition to product adoption.
- A deep understanding of the end-to-end iterative UX process, including wire-framing, prototyping, user research, and design systems. You can concept, prototype, design, and present solutions that solve user and business problems, delivering measurable outcomes.
- You are a self-motivated, detail-oriented craftsman, able to work efficiently and effectively with other designers, developers, product managers and marketers.
- The ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision (not just 'how it should look' but 'what we should build' and ‘how we will know customers love it’).
- You can take the lead and are highly collaborative.
- Ability to mentor junior designers, and to give creative direction to bring out their best work
- The ability to adapt to new information and an openness to change conclusions when necessary; if one approach doesn’t work, you’re ready to try something else.
- Experience with modern design tools (Sketch, Figma, Invision, Abstract, etc).
- Design experience across a variety of platforms (desktop, tablet, iOS, Android, etc.).
- Experience developing or contributing to an actively evolving design system.
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo does not tolerate and prohibits discrimination, harassment or retaliation of or against job applicants, contractors, interns, volunteers or employees by another employee, supervisor, vendor, customer or any third party.
Back to top