Senior Data Scientist
- Boston, MA
How you will make a difference:
- Analyze large data sets (we’re collecting billions of individual actions every month).
- Build models and ship products that enable businesses to grow faster and communicate with their customers.
- Democratize and open up that technology to everyone (Our background as a team is building these models for the Fortune 50).
- Match the right assumptions and models to the right problem.
- Measure and know what impact your models had on the decisions people made -- e.g. did they outperform the previous best model or a human decision maker?
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in statistics, applied mathematics, computer science or other relevant quantitative discipline, or equivalent industry experience.
- Have worked in a data science role for 5+ years professionally or academically and can talk about your projects and the techniques you used.
- Have a strong fundamental understanding and deep experience with at least a few machine learning algorithms (e.g. regressions, decision trees, k-means clustering, neural networks).
- Understand Bayesian modeling techniques.
- Are capable of analyzing data and making rigorous statements about what can or cannot be concluded.
- Have experience designing and implementing model performance/validation assessments.
- Have a background in statistics and understand different distributions and the conditions under which they’re valid.
- Know how code and have used data science tools and packages.
- Have demonstrated a measurable impact based on the models you’ve created. It’s not always easy getting a model correct and we love talking about places we got stuck and working as a team to think through ideas that could unblock us.
- Have a desire to ship features powered by data science (in other words, you’re excited by both upfront research and actually getting models into production at cloud scale).
Klaviyo does not tolerate and prohibits discrimination, harassment or retaliation of or against job applicants, contractors, interns, volunteers or employees by another employee, supervisor, vendor, customer or any third party.
Back to top