Our small but mighty Creative Team is looking for an experienced Front-End Web Developer with a passion for finding unique and creative solutions. Working in collaboration with designers and other development resources, you’ll take an active role in the creative process by participating in brainstorms, wireframing, & UI discussions. You’ll suggest new ways to make our site more engaging through code and figure out how to bring those experiences to life across the Klaviyo website and blog - in ways that also ensure our site is reliable, consistent, and scalable.
Klaviyo’s marketing web properties:
You’ll work on maintaining and improving the architecture of our CMS (we currently use WordPress) to add to, refine, and enhance our custom theme so that it maintains a standard of consistency and quality of experience for users. You’ll ensure the CMS is built in a way that also empowers and supports the Marketing Team to be able to make updates and edits, post, and test.
Technical standards and systems:
You’ll make sure we’re setup for success, understanding the needs of the site and the team and being proactive with technology solutions. You’ll act as one of the team’s connections to the other engineering teams around the company, collaborating with other engineers as necessary and ensuring we’re all thinking about the same things.
Content and Marketing Tool Development:
You’ll be part of how we bring to life data and information - through interactive ebooks, guides, data visualization, training, and reports. You’ll work closely with designers to create the best and most creative experience for users to understand data and information.
UI and interaction:
You’ll push to improve user interactions and help make the site beautiful to look at and use. You’ll look for and implement improvements that enhance the functionality, performance, and ui of the main site, blog, and landing pages. When collaborating with designers, you’ll suggest ways to improve wireframes and mockups to make user interactions easier, more intuitive, and more delightful.
Testing and optimization:
You’ll work with the Performance Marketing team on an ongoing basis, developing for website tests and improvements that optimize site performance.
In the first 30 days, you’ll have:
- Understood Klaviyo product, brand and audience
- Reviewed current site structure and have an indepth understanding our web properties and architecture.
- Familiarized yourself with processes for deployment, bugs, reporting, site management, and project management.
- Have an in depth understanding of how our CMS and techstack works and have identified areas to make updates, improvements, and changes.
Within 90 days, you’ll have:
- Worked on optimizing and improving at least 2 content pieces
- Are proactively making ongoing improvements to klaviyo.com’s user experience and functionality
- Reviewed, recommended, and executed at least 3 improvements to the blog ui and functionality to improve usability, experience, and/or performance.
- Contributed to improved and revised standards for coding, deployment, code review, and QA
Before you hit your first year anniversary, you’ll:
- Update all web properties’ architecture, CMS templates for code architecture, CMS performance, UI performance and branding
- Contribute to improved site UI and experience
- Collaborate on user experience experiments to improve actions toward marketing goals
- Developed at least 3 guides and/or reports that stand out for their interaction experience and ui as much as they do their content.
You’re an expert in web development and “it hasn’t been done before” just means you haven’t tried to do it yet… because you’re a creative thinker and technical expert who likes to solve tough problems. You’re obsessive about details, but impatient about getting your work into the world. You love being part of the process that brings things to life online - you have a point of view and want to share it. You care about teaching others about what you do and have a passion for user experience, internet marketing, web design; and care about how people use the things you build.
You want to empower coworkers to help themselves, but you will hold your teammates accountable to following good practices (we’re all pretty technical in Creative - designers code too).
- At least 3 years of experience developing and maintaining one (or more) website(s)
- Experience developing/maintaining CMS-based templates/pages/architecture
- Experience using SCSS and modular JS systems
- Experience using a build system, such as Grunt/Gulp/Yarn
- Comfortable on day 0 running WordPress locally, logging into a production server, and using GitHub and AWS
Klaviyo is a team of people who are crazy motivated by growth. It’s what we help our customers do: grow their ecommerce businesses by making it possible and easy for them to use their data to power better email marketing. It’s how we behave as individuals: we’re all deeply passionate about learning. It’s how we manage our business: we have thousands of paying customers, we’re profitable, and we’re growing insanely fast. And it’s what our culture is all about. Working at Klaviyo means you’ll work on things you never imagined you would; you’ll grow in ways you didn’t consider possible; and you’ll do the best work of your career with people who are just as motivated and talented as you are.