VP of People
Kiva (kiva.org) is an international nonprofit with a mission to expand financial access to help underserved communities thrive. We run a global marketplace platform to crowdfund microloans for financially excluded entrepreneurs, farmers and students around the world. Our organization combines the culture and technological passion of an internet start-up with the compassion and empathy of a non-profit to create impact and opportunity at global scale. In just 13 years, we have raised more than $1.2 billion in loan capital for 2.7 million borrowers in 83 countries. Our lenders fund over $10 million in loans every month. With offices in San Francisco, Portland, New York, Nairobi, and Bangkok, Kiva's team includes 115+ employees and 400+ volunteers worldwide. Our team is growing as we pursue exciting new opportunities to create a financially inclusive world.
As a VP of People at Kiva, you’ll be a driving force behind creating a global organization that thrives. Your portfolio of responsibilities includes but is not limited to HR operations, staff development, internal communications and building a community of Kiva staff around the world. We are seeking someone who is passionate about creating a heart-centered, high performing organization that achieves real impact in the world. This role will include someone with impressive leadership and operational skills. This is an executive level position with a wide scope for impact.
At this time, we can only consider applicants with authorization to work in the United States on a permanent, full-time basis; we cannot provide visa sponsorship.
Who you are:
- You crave building a high-performance culture. You enjoy being in an environment of continuous positive change.
- You geek out on people. Your friends see you as a genius in the realms of psychology, org design, communication, and creating an environment where people feel they are supported and do their best work.
- You love building community and are inspired to create community in a cloud-first environment across multiple offices and remote workers.
- You are ready to lead day one. You are an action-oriented leader who seeks to add value by not only owning your portfolio but proactively assessing where to contribute beyond the scope of your role.
- You deliver consistent strong results. Former colleagues say that you get stuff done, done quickly, and done well. They are extremely keen to work with you again.
- Leading People Operations, Total Rewards, People Strategy, Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development, and Facilities in alignment with business strategies.
- Supervising staff managing HR, recruitment, talent programs & facilities/office services.
- Implementing and overseeing an integrated Diversity, Equity and Inclusion strategy, HR policies, and other key people programs.
- Managing Internal Communications.
- Track record of building high performing organizations / departments.
- Experience working with remote and globally distributed teams.
- Experience guiding organizations through growth and change.
- Experience with HR operations and processes.
- Self-starter with a solutions-focused mindset.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Exceptional judgment with high EQ.
- Trusted adviser to managers and senior leaders.
What We Offer
- An opportunity to improve real lives, solve hard problems, and change the world
- Friendly, supportive, and adventurous environment with a team of engaged colleagues
- A comprehensive, industry-leading benefits package
- Opportunities to connect with and learn from colleagues and partners around the world
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of Kiva's culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!
Back to top