Senior Product Manager, Consumer Experience
Called the "hottest non-profit on the planet" by FORTUNE magazine and a Top 50 Website by TIME, Kiva (www.kiva.org) is the world's first personal micro-lending marketplace with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Since 2005, Kiva has raised over $920 million for more than 1 million borrowers in over 80 countries. Kiva combines the culture and approach of an internet start-up with an intense focus on alleviating poverty and serving the borrower-to-lender connection. Kiva’s lenders fund over $10 million in loans every month. Kiva is poised to take its initial success to a whole new level - targeting $1 billion in loans by 2017 and continued expansion into new areas (e.g. student loans, water, mobile, etc.). Headquartered in San Francisco, Kiva's team has 100+ employees and 500+ volunteers worldwide.
The Senior Product Manager, Consumer Experience will be responsible for our primary consumer experience on Kiva.org. Reporting to the Director of Product Management, this individual will lead most lender-facing projects and will drive efforts around user growth and engagement. This role involves a great deal of coordination and collaboration with teams across the org and needs someone with impressive leadership, operational, technical and marketing skills. Kiva’s goals are lofty and we are seeking someone who is passionate about the Kiva mission and has a track-record of building great products.
- Shape the product roadmap by understanding the needs and impact of various projects and stakeholders and identifying the most promising initiatives.
- Partner with the marketing department on developing user acquisition and engagement programs.
- Work with the engineering, design and marketing teams to deliver new features, product enhancements and delightful user experiences.
- Lead the research / business requirements gathering phase.
- Write users stories / product requirements and create Jira tickets for projects.
- Work with our designers to create wireframes, mock-ups and prototypes.
- Conduct user research and usability testing.
- Own projects through the full project lifecycle (ideation through launch).
- Work closely technical teams (including QA) as they release features in an Agile 2 week iteration process.
- Be responsible for ensuring the smooth rollout of new features and the continued quality and performance of existing products.
- Define, measure and analyze metrics. You will own the numbers and make sure that we are looking at the most important data.
- Define and set-up a/b tests to optimize the site.
- Triage production bugs and new feature requests.
- Serve as the voice of the lender and ensure that we are correctly balancing the needs of our lenders, borrowers and the Kiva organization.
- 5+ years in a product management / product marketing role for a consumer facing website.
- Experience delivering outstanding consumer internet products, ideally with the following attributes:
- Viral user growth through referrals and network effects.
- Online communities that keep users engaged and coming back.
- E-commerce transactions (checkout flows, conversion rates, and merchandising).
- Empathy for users and a great instinct for what makes good design / UX.
- Strong execution orientation; proven ability to deliver quality projects that satisfy and delight customers.
- Experience in an agile software development environment, with rapid feedback loops and quick release cycles.
- You work well in a collaborative environment and are admired by your colleagues for your ability to balance the needs of multiple customers.
- Self-starter and leader. Someone who is able to work through uncertainty to identify promising product opportunities and drive them to launch.
- A great communicator (verbal and written). You are able to make a case to the leadership team for your decisions.
- Passionate about Kiva and its long term potential.
- An amazing mission: Kiva’s mission is to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty across the globe.
- An opportunity to improve real lives, solve hard problems, and change the world.
- Friendly, supportive, and adventurous environment with a team of engaged colleagues.
- A comprehensive, industry-leading benefits package.
- Opportunities to connect with and learn from colleagues and partners around the world.
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of Kiva's culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!
See Inside the Office of Kiva
Through Kiva, anyone can lend $25 to a borrower in the developing world, making it possible for artisans, farmers, and shopkeepers to realize their dreams and create a better future for themselves and their families. Kiva works hard to keep its lenders and borrowers connected, too, so lenders get a chance to see first-hand the impact their loan is having.
Back to top