Senior Growth Marketing Manager, Acquisition
- San Francisco, CA
Kiva (kiva.org) is an international nonprofit with a mission to expand financial access to help underserved communities thrive. We run a global marketplace platform to crowdfund microloans for financially excluded entrepreneurs, farmers and students around the world. Our organization combines the culture and technological passion of an internet start-up with the compassion and empathy of a non-profit to create impact and opportunity at global scale. Since 2005, we have raised more than $1.4 billion in loan capital for 3.6 million borrowers in 95 countries. Our lenders fund over $13 million in loans every month. With offices in San Francisco, Portland, New York, Nairobi, and Bangkok, Kiva's team includes 100+ employees and 400+ volunteers worldwide. Our team is growing as we pursue exciting new opportunities to create a financially inclusive world.
This role will develop and execute a marketing strategy to help Kiva acquire new lenders to accelerate our growth. We’re looking for a creative and inspiring leader who brings accountability, innovation, and an enthusiastic customer focus to the team, while consistently achieving results.
The Growth Marketing team at Kiva is a data-driven and growth-focused function bringing marketing, analytics, user insights, and experimentation together to develop and optimize the user engagement strategy to drive business growth and global impact.
We’re looking for a strategic growth marketer to focus on lender acquisition. You will be responsible for reaching new audiences and helping them discover the power of Kiva by developing and optimizing acquisition channels. You will bring your experience in building Go-To-Market plans and using different channels such as paid marketing, content marketing, retargeting, referrals, and others to drive new user activation. You'll use data and experimentation to balance acquisition KPIs of volume, conversion, and cost.
Embedded within a cross-functional team, you will work closely with product, engineering, and data science to develop acquisition campaigns.
At this time, we can only consider applicants with authorization to work in the United States on a permanent, full-time basis; unfortunately, we cannot provide visa sponsorship.
- Develop and drive an acquisition strategy for lender-facing products in conjunction with the Product and Engineering teams
- Be the voice and expert of the prospective lender audience
- Work cross-functionally with Product, Design, Support, etc. to fuel product adoption and go-to-market launches
- Rapidly experiment and iterate to increase conversion and product adoption
- Develop always-on acquisition campaigns across paid, owned, earned channels.
- Partner with Data Science to uncover user insights, create experimentation roadmaps, and execute a rigorous A/B testing agenda to enhance campaign effectiveness
- Write creative briefs and partner with the creative team to design campaign assets that drive engagement and align with our brand guidelines
- Create and optimize segmentation and content personalization strategies by leveraging user insights (behavior, preference, demographics) and business data (LTV, RFM)
- Define, drive, and measure KPIs for all acquisition initiatives
- 6+ years of experience in a growth or product marketing capacity, with demonstrated experience developing and analyzing product acquisition efficiency and effectiveness.
- Deep experimentation experience and mindset with a proven track record of executing A/B tests, optimizing campaigns and translating data into insights
- Strategic and analytical thinker - proficiency with analytical tools is a must (i.e.: Excel, SQL, R, Mode, Looker, etc)
- Creative and empathetic thinker; you care deeply about our users and have a customer-first approach
- Proven ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams, specifically with Product, Data Science, Engineering and Product Marketing
- Thrives in fast-paced environments and can adapt quickly to shifting priorities
What We Offer
- An opportunity to improve real lives, solve hard problems, and change the world
- Friendly, supportive, and adventurous environment with a team of engaged colleagues
- A comprehensive, industry-leading benefits package
- Opportunities to connect with and learn from colleagues and partners around the world
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of Kiva's culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!
Back to top