Kiva (kiva.org) is a mission driven technology company. We run a global marketplace platform for crowd-funded micro-loans that serves the impoverished and financially excluded. Our company combines the culture and technological passion of an internet start-up with the compassion and empathy of a non-profit to address poverty at global scale. We aim to drive social impact and enable opportunity while providing a borrower-to-lender connection: “Loans that change lives.” In just 10 years, we have raised over $920 million in loan capital for 2 million borrowers in over 85 countries. Our lenders fund over $10 million in loans every month. Kiva is poised to take its initial success to a whole new level - targeting $1 billion in loans by 2017 and continuing our expansion into new areas such as local lending in the US, student loans, water, and clean energy.
Kiva is looking for a QA Engineer! Kiva’s engineering team is an engaged and committed team of 20+ motivated engineers. On our Engineering team everybody counts and your contribution has the potential to make a big impact on Kiva and on the world at large. We follow an agile development process in two-week sprints along with time allocated for engineering-driven innovation.
- Have a strong sense of responsibility, problem ownership, and drive issues to completion.
- Are a self starter and enthusiastically learn new systems and technologies.
- Love collaborating with software engineers and product managers to develop smart test strategies.
- Have an uncanny ability to find, log and crush bugs.
- Use your mad scripting skills to automate tests using an existing framework.
- Eager to share your creative ideas and solutions.
- Are legally eligible to work in the United States; visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- 1-3 years of QA experience
- Experience with tools such as Selenium/Watir (or equivalent).
- Experience scripting/programming (Python, Bash, PHP, Ruby, Java).
- Experience with MySQL (or comparable RDBMS).
- Experience with Scrum preferred (or other agile methodology).
What We Offer
- An amazing mission: Kiva’s mission is to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty across the globe.
- An opportunity to improve real lives, solve hard problems, and change the world.
- Friendly, supportive, and adventurous environment with a team of engaged colleagues.
- Casual work environment, located in a beautiful office in downtown San Francisco.
- A comprehensive, industry-leading benefits package, including periodic, subsidized trip to meet with Kiva borrowers and field partners.
- Opportunities to connect with and learn from colleagues and partners around the world.
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of Kiva's culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!
See Inside the Office of Kiva
Through Kiva, anyone can lend $25 to a borrower in the developing world, making it possible for artisans, farmers, and shopkeepers to realize their dreams and create a better future for themselves and their families. Kiva works hard to keep its lenders and borrowers connected, too, so lenders get a chance to see first-hand the impact their loan is having.
Back to top