Kiva (kiva.org) is an international nonprofit with a mission to expand financial access to help underserved communities thrive. We run a global marketplace platform to crowdfund microloans for financially excluded entrepreneurs, farmers and students around the world. Our organization combines the culture and technological passion of an internet start-up with the compassion and empathy of a non-profit to create impact and opportunity at global scale. In just 13 years, we have raised more than $1.2 billion in loan capital for 2.7 million borrowers in 83 countries. Our lenders fund over $10 million in loans every month. With offices in San Francisco, Portland, New York, Nairobi, and Bangkok, Kiva's team includes 100+ employees and 400+ volunteers worldwide. Our team is growing as we pursue exciting new opportunities to create a financially inclusive world.
As a Product Analyst at Kiva you’ll be responsible for using Kivas rich product and user data to help our Product and Design teams to make better decisions and to identify and prioritize new product opportunities. We are seeking someone who is passionate about the Kiva mission. Launched in September of last year, Kiva Protocol gives unbanked people digital identity and secure control over their own credit information. This role will involve someone with impressive leadership, operational, product, technical and marketing skills.
At this time, we can only consider applicants with authorization to work in the United States on a permanent, full-time basis; unfortunately we cannot provide visa sponsorship.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead day-to-day/week-to-week product analytics reporting
- Help structure A/B tests, establish goals and define instrumentation and logging requirements for tests and features
- Work closely with product managers throughout the full product development lifecycle
- Work in a dynamic start-up environment where iterating quickly is critical. If you love technology in general and software in particular, if you’re highly analytical yet want your work to have a direct impact on a company’s trajectory, if you’re interested in seeing a fast-growing startup expand and scale, this job is for you!
- B.A./B.S. in Statistics, Math, Economics, Finance, Computer Science, Business or a related quantitative field
- 1-2 years of experience with data analytics in a consumer-facing Internet business, working in a role supporting product teams
- Strong proficiency with Excel and SQL
- Experience in statistics, working with statistical packages and related technologies ideal (R, SAS, Stata, MATLAB, etc.)
- Experience with A/B and multivariate testing, including providing input into structuring experiments appropriately
- Experience with BI and other related web testing and analytics tools ideal (Google Analytics, Optimizely, Looker, MixPanel, etc.)
- Experience coordinating cross-functional analytics projects from beginning to end: question formation, instrumentation, logging, data validation, analysis and dashboards
- Passionate about Kiva and its long term potential.
What We Offer
- An opportunity to improve real lives, solve hard problems, and change the world
- Friendly, supportive, and adventurous environment with a team of engaged colleagues
- A comprehensive, industry-leading benefits package
- Opportunities to connect with and learn from colleagues and partners around the world
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of Kiva's culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!
See Inside the Office of Kiva
Through Kiva, anyone can lend $25 to a borrower in the developing world, making it possible for artisans, farmers, and shopkeepers to realize their dreams and create a better future for themselves and their families. Kiva works hard to keep its lenders and borrowers connected, too, so lenders get a chance to see first-hand the impact their loan is having.
Back to top