Online Marketing & Social Media Manager
Kiva (kiva.org) is a mission-driven technology nonprofit that facilitates “loans that change lives” in more than 85 countries around the world. We crowdfund microloans to millions of entrepreneurs, communities and students who are financially excluded and lack access to capital to work towards their dreams.
Our organization combines the culture and technological passion of an internet startup with the compassion and empathy of a nonprofit to address poverty at a global scale. We aim to drive social impact and enable opportunity while fostering connection between lenders and borrowers. In just 10 years, we’ve raised $920 million in loan capital and our lenders fund over $10 million in loans every month. Kiva is poised to take its initial success to a whole new level - targeting $1 billion in loans by 2017 and continuing our expansion into new areas such as local lending in the US, student loans, water, and clean energy.
Kiva’s work creates unique online marketing and storytelling opportunities that incorporate the richness of Kiva’s field work and community. The online marketing and social media manager must be both creative and strategic in leveraging the most compelling aspects of the Kiva model to increase engagement and expand Kiva’s reach to new audiences.
Social media strategy and management (35%)
- Pitch and oversee social media and content driven campaigns that attract new audiences, leverage partners and influencers, and increase engagement across the Kiva community
- Develop Kiva’s comprehensive social media strategy, including the brand’s unique voice on social, day to day mix of postings and approach to 1-1 lender engagement
- Manage intern support to execute social media strategy
- Manage relationships with social media partners and influencers
Digital advertising and new user acquisition (35%)
- Manage Facebook advertising, focused on new user acquisition
- Optimize Kiva’s Google Adwords Grant to maximize traffic and conversions
- Work with external consultants as needed to identify areas for continued improvement
- Identify and test new potential avenues for digital user acquisition
- Diligently track and report out on social media and advertising metrics, identifying trends in results and opportunities for continued improvement
- Partner with key members of the marketing team for periodic deep dives into user trends
Content asset management (10%)
- Oversee Kiva’s content database and help train internal users
- Work with our external provider, Brandfolder, to improve efficiency and troubleshoot
Experience/ Skills/ Qualifications
- 3-5 years of digital marketing experience, including social media strategy, online advertising and/or content marketing
Skills and Other Requirements:
- Self starter with record of generating successful social media campaigns to build and engage audiences
- Experience managing Facebook ads and/or Adwords to drive improvements in key metrics
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Metrics and data driven
- Experience using Google Analytics
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Outstanding verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with internal staff and external resources
- Ability to work cross-functionally
- Strong commitment to ethics, honesty, and integrity in conducting business
- Proficient in PowerPoint and Excel
- Comfortable with HTML a plus
- Comfortable with Photoshop a plus
What we offer:
- An amazing mission: Kiva’s mission is to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty across the globe.
- An opportunity to join the team of the world's first online personal microlending platform to improve real lives, solve hard problems, and change the world.
- Friendly, supportive, and adventurous environment with a team of engaged colleagues.
- Casual work environment, located in a beautiful office in downtown San Francisco.
- A comprehensive, industry-leading benefits package.
- Opportunities to connect with and learn from colleagues and partners around the world.
- Tons of "psychic income" for doing good in the world - priceless!
- Include resume and brief cover letter explaining why you are interested and qualified.
- Be prepared to provide samples of prior work should you be contacted for an interview.
- Relocation is not offered for this position.
- No telecommuting.
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of Kiva's culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!
Back to top