Lead iOS Engineer
Lead iOS Engineer
The iOS Lead will be the founding member of a brand new group within Kiva’s engineering team, and will be pivotal to driving new initiatives that will move us forward in our mission. You enjoy being down in the weeds and have learned to look at a problem from all angles, therefore can move quickly and with discernment. You are a self-starter and can run with a plan once you have a directive, and know how to inspire others towards collaboration. Communication is your most valued skill and you’ve learned to navigate and negotiate with empathy, helping everyone move towards their mutual goals.
This role is based in Portland and will report remotely to the Director of Engineering in San Francisco.
At this time, we can only consider applicants with authorization to work in the United States on a permanent, full-time basis; unfortunately, we cannot provide visa sponsorship.
- Set the vision and roadmap of the mobile team and lead by aiding in recruiting efforts, mentorship, and providing technical guidance and advice
- Bring thought leadership around mobile development across the organization and externally to continue to develop our engineering brand
- Partner with stakeholders across the organization to identify business challenges and develop plans to solve them strategically and intentionally
- Work to create impactful and sustainable solutions to complex problems by taking bold and measured risks
- Share the knowledge you gain generously with your peers to perpetuate a culture of engineering excellence
- 7+ years of software engineering experience including 5 years in developing iOS applications
- 2+ years experience as an engineering lead
- Deep understanding of the iOS SDK
- Expertise in:
- Software engineering principles, design patterns, object-oriented-programming(OOP), frameworks and technologies
- Objective-C and Swift
- Unit testing, CI/CD
- Experience with:
- REST and/or graphQL APIs and their use on mobile networks
- UI & UX design
- Some Android development
- Track record of shipping applications on App Store
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent)
What We Offer
- An amazing mission: Kiva’s mission is to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty across the globe.
- An opportunity to improve real lives, solve hard problems, and change the world.
- Friendly, supportive, and adventurous environment with a team of engaged colleagues.
- Casual, comfortable work environment in the Pearl District.
- A comprehensive, industry-leading benefits package.
- Opportunities to connect with and learn from colleagues and partners around the world.
Kiva (www.kiva.org) is an innovative non-profit focused on connecting people through lending to alleviate poverty. We run a global marketplace platform for crowdfunded microloans that serves the financially excluded. Kiva combines the culture and technological passion of an internet start-up with the compassion and empathy of a non-profit to address poverty at global scale. We aim to drive social impact and enable opportunity while providing a borrower-to-lender connection: “Loans that change lives.” In just 13 years, we have raised more than $1.1 billion in loan capital for 2.7 million borrowers in 83 countries. Our lenders fund over $10 million in loans every month and Kiva is poised to take its initial success to a whole new level. With offices in San Francisco, Nairobi, New York, Bangkok, and Portland, Kiva's team has 100+ employees and 300+ volunteers worldwide.
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of Kiva's culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!
See Inside the Office of Kiva
Through Kiva, anyone can lend $25 to a borrower in the developing world, making it possible for artisans, farmers, and shopkeepers to realize their dreams and create a better future for themselves and their families. Kiva works hard to keep its lenders and borrowers connected, too, so lenders get a chance to see first-hand the impact their loan is having.
Back to top