Kiva US Growth Manager
(Kiva.org) is a mission-driven technology company. We run a global marketplace platform for crowdfunded microloans that empower financially excluded entrepreneurs. Our company combines the fast-paced culture and technology-driven scale of an internet start-up with the compassion and empathy of a non-profit to create economic opportunity for entrepreneurs around the world. In just 12 years, we have raised over $1 billion in loan capital for 2 million borrowers in over 85 countries, and our 1.5 million lenders fund over $10 million in loans every month.
We’re on a mission to reimagine a financial system that is based on human relationships and personal connections, not statistically-tested algorithms, black-and-white criteria and the relentless pursuit of profit. Most small business loans come from impersonal financial institutions looking to minimize risk and maximize profit. Our loans come from a generous community of over a million people who are motivated by creating economic opportunities and positive social change. The Kiva U.S. Program is designed to support financially excluded and socially impactful entrepreneurs here in the United States – think barbershops in inner-city Detroit, formerly incarcerated small business owners in Dallas, military veterans in Iowa, and sustainable farmers in Little Rock. We are a team of outstanding, committed and passionate people intent on revolutionizing the way that small business owners in America access the capital they need to invest in the growth of their business.
In our zero-interest, crowdfunded microloans, we have a product that can provide real benefit to the millions of very small businesses that form the backbone of the American economy. The role of Kiva U.S. Growth Manager sits at the nexus of a number of our organizational priorities and will help set structure
This is a full-time, one year temporary grant-funded position that will span from September 2017 through September 2018 and will report to the Senior Manager of U.S. Growth.
Key responsibilities for the growth manager fall under both our key growth verticals: the city leads program (boots on the ground) and trustees (partner organizations):
- Take a lead in designing, developing and continuously improving the infrastructure and operations of our Growth Team.
- Relentlessly optimize our systems and processes to delight our customers, and improve our team's communication and efficiency.
- Own reporting and analytics around our top-of-the-funnel engagement of small business owners.
- Coordinate with other Kiva U.S. team members to improve our borrower lifecycle management (e.g. through the implementation of a Customer Relationship Management system).
- Maintain internal knowledge base of Kiva tools and resources.
- Shape the strategy for the Kiva U.S. trustee program to drive both breadth and depth of engagement with partners and their borrowers across the U.S.
- Deepen engagement with Kiva U.S.’s 700+ strong partnership portfolio and identify ways to increase referral activity.
- Collaborate across functions with product, marketing, operations to develop and execute on infrastructure that improves Trustee experience.
- Manage a team of interns to ensure excellent customer service for Trustee endorsed loans.
- Build community focused initiatives that will build social capital for Kiva entrepreneurs. Identify ways to replicate best practices in the markets where Kiva is focused. Develop strategies to build, execute, and replicate these in a fast paced environment.
City Leads Program
- Manage a team of 2-4 City Leads towards aggressive top-of-funnel goals in markets across the Midwest and West Coast.
- Coordinate internal logistics for our City Leads. Work with the operations team to streamline our internal processes and define how our team works with borrowers from the moment a loan application is started to the point when the final repayment is made.
- Extremely passionate about your work, and expanding economic opportunity for small business owners in the United States.
- Independent, proactive and entrepreneurial. You need to be a self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity and defining your own direction.
- A great leader. It’s important that you inspire those you work with and set a tone that people will follow.
- Metrics-driven and results-oriented. You take great pride in the fact that you’re always a top performer, and you bring a “solutions not excuses” mentality to everything you do.
- Hyper organized.
- Someone with a well-developed, balanced skillset. You should be comfortable answering challenging strategic questions, executing analyses, interacting with people, and rigorously driving operational execution.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience leading a team (and ideally managing a program).
- An amazing mission: Kiva’s mission is to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty – both across the globe, and here in the United States.
- An opportunity to improve real lives, solve hard problems, and change the world.
- Friendly, supportive, and adventurous environment with a team of engaged colleagues.
- Casual work environment, located in a beautiful office in downtown San Francisco.
- A comprehensive, industry-leading benefits package; and the opportunity to travel around the United States to propel Kiva’s impact.
- Opportunities to connect with and learn from colleagues and partners around the world.
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of Kiva's culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!
See Inside the Office of Kiva
Through Kiva, anyone can lend $25 to a borrower in the developing world, making it possible for artisans, farmers, and shopkeepers to realize their dreams and create a better future for themselves and their families. Kiva works hard to keep its lenders and borrowers connected, too, so lenders get a chance to see first-hand the impact their loan is having.
Back to top