Human Resources Manager
Kiva (kiva.org) is a mission driven technology company. We run a global marketplace platform for crowd-funded micro-loans that serves the impoverished and financially excluded. Our company combines the culture and technological passion of an internet start-up with the compassion and empathy of a non-profit to address poverty at global scale. We aim to drive social impact and enable opportunity while providing a borrower-to-lender connection: “Loans that change lives.” In just 10 years, we have raised over a billion dollars in loan capital for 2 million+ borrowers in over 85 countries. Our lenders fund over $10 million in loans every month.
We are looking for an HR Manager to support recruitment, onboarding, benefits and HR administration. Kiva’s People Team focuses on attracting, developing, and retaining world-class talent to help Kiva achieve its mission of connecting people through lending to alleviate poverty! This role is an exciting opportunity for someone with 5 years - 6 years’ HR generalist experience with exceptional organizational, execution and analytical skills, and who is a natural problem-solver, coupled with a passion to help Kivans succeed. You will support the Director, People, Culture & HR in running our HR function. This is a hands-on role where you will be the first point of contact for both employees and managers. More specifically, you will manage:
Recruitment & Onboarding
- Manage the entire recruitment cycle from job posting through making offers and onboarding, in close partnership with hiring managers.
- Cultivate relationships with passive talent to strengthen future pipeline of diverse talent.
- Lead initiatives to maintain and further improve Kiva’s employer brand
Payroll, Compensation/Benefits & Immigration
- Partner with the finance team to prepare and process bi-monthly multi-state payroll including computation of wages, calculating and recording payroll deductions and terminations.
- Work closely with the HR Director to manage the compensation process, including defining salary ranges, participating in salary surveys, administering the annual merit increase to manage annual year-end compensation process.
- Serve as an escalation resource for employee benefit questions, including verifying eligibility, plan interpretation, and troubleshooting other issues as needed.
- Manage and conduct detailed review of compliance audits on all benefits programs to ensure reporting, disclosure, testing, and other regulatory requirements are filed on time.
Performance Management, Vendor Management & Immigration
- Serve as technical guide for Performance Management, including management of online portal, and end-user training.
- Manage vendor relationships with payroll provider, benefit brokers and other HR systems providers, and other third parties.
- Partner with our legal counsel on employee matters, such as immigration and visas, and serving as lead to internal managers and employees through that process.
- HR Metrics: Report critical talent metrics related to staffing levels, recruitment and performance management, integrating data cohesively and analyzing information
- Lead ad-hoc projects related to improving current HR processes and systems
- Work with our office manager to organize company events.
Who You Are
- An HR generalist with a BA or BS degree, preferably with an emphasis in HR. You have 5-6 years of relevant experience, ideally having worked in a fast-paced, global organization.
- You are committed to providing exceptional support to our internal team who demands excellence, and are passionate about employee development and Kiva’s mission.
- You have an aptitude for navigating and maximizing efficiency of various platforms and systems, with an appetite to optimize user experience
- You are proactive and execution-oriented, have a strong attention to detail and build strong relationships across all levels of the organization.
- You are able to manage confidential information with discretion and work independently across multiple time zones.
- You are willing to wear multiple hats and do whatever it takes to get the job done, no matter how big or small
- You must be authorized to work in the United States
- PHR certification
- Prior experience managing/processing multi-state payroll
- Master's degree in human resources/organization development
- International HR experience and working is a plus
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of Kiva's culture. The Kiva team includes employees from a wide variety of backgrounds, educational experiences, races, nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds. We actively welcome people of different experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!
See Inside the Office of Kiva
Through Kiva, anyone can lend $25 to a borrower in the developing world, making it possible for artisans, farmers, and shopkeepers to realize their dreams and create a better future for themselves and their families. Kiva works hard to keep its lenders and borrowers connected, too, so lenders get a chance to see first-hand the impact their loan is having.
Back to top