Kiva (www.kiva.org) is an innovative non-profit focused on connecting people through lending to alleviate poverty and create opportunity. We run a global marketplace platform for crowdfunded microloans that serves the financially excluded. Our organization combines the culture and technological passion of an internet start-up with the compassion and empathy of a non-profit to address poverty at global scale. We aim to drive social impact and enable opportunity while providing a borrower-to-lender connection: “Loans that change lives.” In just 13 years, we have raised more than $1.1 billion in loan capital for 2.7 million borrowers in 83 countries. Our lenders fund over $10 million in loans every month. With offices in San Francisco, Portland, New York, Nairobi, and Bangkok, Kiva's team includes 100+ employees and 400+ volunteers worldwide.
The Executive Assistant will be a trusted partner in driving the organization’s success by supporting Kiva’s CEO and CFO in an efficient, detail-oriented, and proactive manner. The ideal candidate is a professional who has strong experience supporting executives in a fast-paced start-up environment. Duties will go beyond general administration and will include special projects. This is an exciting position for a smart, ambitious individual to gain critical exposure to the business and the executive leadership team. This position requires a resourceful team player with the ability to learn quickly and work with everyone at Kiva and our global partners.
At this time, we can only consider applicants with authorization to work in the United States on a permanent, full-time basis; unfortunately we cannot provide visa sponsorship.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide professional executive support and serve as a key resource to the team
- Manage executive calendars with minimal direction proactively and intelligently
- Develop a highly effective process for follow up and follow through for each executive ensuring that deliverables and action items with internal and external partners are managed effectively
- High energy and extreme attention to detail that drives a culture of inclusion
- Arrange complex international travel and accommodations including obtaining appropriate visa needs
- Coordinate the internal process for handling legal documentation, including getting appropriate execution signatures and making electronic back-ups of all legal contracts
- Respond to and anticipate administrative/organizational needs of executives
- Interact with and support management team and prepare materials for executive meetings and board of director meetings
- Complete and process expense reports for CEO and CFO
- Handle highly confidential information and perform duties in an appropriate, professional manner
- Ensure consistent services and support quality across the organization by providing back up support to other administrative team members (Office Manager) or participating in team projects
- Participate in recruiting efforts by working with Human Resources on scheduling interviews, coordination of interview schedules, hosting of candidates; help with on-boarding activities
- Support organization and coordination of in-house trainings
- Create or edit presentations
- Create, organize and maintain up-to-date files and databases
- Arrange off-sites and meetings
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 3 years of administrative experience supporting executives
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to function independently to produce results that meet standards of quality and timeliness, as well as make appropriate decisions in the absence of executives
- Demonstrated ability to work well with clients, consultants, management, and staff
- Strong computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, G Suite, and other commonly used software/web applications
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to work with deadlines, and use discretion
- Strong oral and written (writing, editing and proofreading) communication skills
- Well-developed problem solving skills
- Ability to anticipate needs, take initiative, assume responsibility for projects and set priorities
- A proven team player
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, with growth potential based on performance
- A comprehensive, industry-leading benefits package
- An amazing mission: Kiva’s mission is to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty across the globe
- An opportunity to improve real lives, solve hard problems, and change the world
- Friendly, supportive, and adventurous environment with a team of engaged colleagues
- Casual, but high performing work environment
- Opportunities to connect with and learn from colleagues and partners around the world
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of Kiva's culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!
We will only accept applications directly from candidates. Kiva will not be responsible for any recruiting agency fees, absent a formal agreement.
See Inside the Office of Kiva
Through Kiva, anyone can lend $25 to a borrower in the developing world, making it possible for artisans, farmers, and shopkeepers to realize their dreams and create a better future for themselves and their families. Kiva works hard to keep its lenders and borrowers connected, too, so lenders get a chance to see first-hand the impact their loan is having.
Back to top