Director of Product, Kiva Marketplace
Kiva (kiva.org) is an international nonprofit with a mission to expand financial access to help underserved communities thrive. We run a global marketplace platform to crowdfund microloans for financially excluded entrepreneurs, farmers and students around the world. Our organization combines the culture and technological passion of an internet start-up with the compassion and empathy of a non-profit to create impact and opportunity at global scale. In just 13 years, we have raised more than $1.2 billion in loan capital for 2.7 million borrowers in 83 countries. Our lenders fund over $10 million in loans every month. With offices in San Francisco, Portland, New York, Nairobi, and Bangkok, Kiva's team includes 100+ employees and 400+ volunteers worldwide. Our team is growing as we pursue exciting new opportunities to create a financially inclusive world.
As a Director Product Manager at Kiva you’ll be responsible for leading initiatives that affect lenders, borrowers and Kiva staff around the world. We are seeking someone who is passionate about the Kiva mission and has a track-record of building and managing great consumer facing mobile products. This role will involve someone with impressive leadership, operational, product, technical and marketing skills.
At this time, we can only consider applicants with authorization to work in the United States on a permanent, full-time basis; unfortunately we cannot provide visa sponsorship.
Key responsibilities include:
- Shape the product roadmap by understanding the needs and impact of various users/customers and identifying the most promising initiatives.
- Work with the engineering, design and marketing teams to deliver new features, product enhancements and delightful user experiences.
- Lead the research / business requirements gathering phase.
- Work with our designers to create wireframes, mockups and prototypes.
- Conduct user research and usability testing.
- Own projects through the full project lifecycle.
- Be responsible for ensuring the smooth rollout of new features and the continued quality and performance of existing products.
- Define, measure and analyze metrics. You will own the numbers and make sure that we are looking at the most important data.
- Define and set-up a/b tests to optimize the mobile application
- Triage production bugs and new feature requests.
- Serve as the voice of the user and ensure that we are correctly balancing the needs of our lenders, borrowers and the Kiva organization.
- 8+ years in a product management / product marketing role.
- Experience with blockchain-based technologies and platforms.
- Empathy for users and a great instinct for what makes good design / UX.
- Strong execution orientation; proven ability to deliver quality projects that satisfy and delight customers.
- Experience in an agile software development environment, with rapid feedback loops and quick release cycles.
- You work well in a collaborative environment and are admired by your colleagues for your ability to balance the needs of multiple customers.
- Self-starter and leader. Someone who is able to work through uncertainty to identify promising product opportunities and drive them to launch.
- A great communicator (verbal and written). You are able to make a case to the leadership team for your decisions.
- Passionate about Kiva and its long term potential.
What We Offer
- An opportunity to improve real lives, solve hard problems, and change the world
- Friendly, supportive, and adventurous environment with a team of engaged colleagues
- A comprehensive, industry-leading benefits package
- Opportunities to connect with and learn from colleagues and partners around the world
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of Kiva's culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!
See Inside the Office of Kiva
Through Kiva, anyone can lend $25 to a borrower in the developing world, making it possible for artisans, farmers, and shopkeepers to realize their dreams and create a better future for themselves and their families. Kiva works hard to keep its lenders and borrowers connected, too, so lenders get a chance to see first-hand the impact their loan is having.
Back to top