Community Support Internship
Kiva.org was founded upon the fundamental principle that connecting people through lending can help alleviate poverty. To ensure that it succeeds, the company, along with its user base, provides borrowers with the seed capital needed to generate income, and thereby live a life of sustainability and independence. So far, this approach has enabled Kiva to raise $724 million in loans for 1,211,000+ entrepreneurs in 85 countries, momentum which it looks to continue in the coming years as it positions itself to achieve $1 billion in loans across a variety of sectors by 2016.
Community Support Intern
Kiva Community Support Interns are responsible for assisting with outbound communication to Kiva’s lender community, helping Kiva provide enriching interactions with our users. Each day at Kiva we receive hundreds of queries from lenders, lending teams and other members of our community on matters important and delicate. As a Community Support Intern you will become an expert on the Kiva product and expand your knowledge of microfinance, technology and nonprofit operations while handling queries and providing support to our lender community as a vital part of our Community Support team. You will be an advocate for Kiva’s community of lenders to resolve issues and provide an understanding voice in the process.
You’re an excellent writer and feel comfortable with writing being your primary mode of communication. You have an optimistic attitude, approach your projects diligently and with a sense of urgency, and enjoy going the extra mile to make things right and make people happy.
In addition to your role in Community Support, you will be tasked with a specific project to help the Marketing & Communications team. Projects include:
- Managing incoming requests for the Kiva Speakers Program
- Helping support Kiva’s top lenders and build out Kiva’s Stewardship Program
- Moderating online lending team communities
- Providing support to Kiva US lenders
We are looking to fill two positions for this three month internship.
- Superior customer service, collaborating to foster transparency and trust
- Strong writing and organization skills
- Working independently as well as in a team
- Communicating simply, elegantly, and effectively (while letting your character shine)
- Problem solving in unconventional ways
- Entrepreneurial spirit and desire to go above and beyond what is asked
- Keeping calm – the glass is always half full
- Visibility into the world's first online person-to-person lending platform
- Participation in Kiva’s Microfinance and Professional Development Curriculums
- Casual work environment
- Access to Kiva’s network of Kiva Internship Alumni
- Free snacks, drinks, and donuts
- Optional participation with Kiva social activities:
- Running and biking clubs
- Soccer team
- Movie, Poker, and Game Nights
- Happy hours
- References gladly given for successful participant
Back to top