Associate, Strategic Development
Kiva is searching for a dynamic, organized, communicative, and mission-driven person to join our Development and Executive teams as an Associate, Strategic Development. Kiva’s Development Team is responsible for raising loan and grant funds to support Kiva’s growth and innovation. This Associate role will be an integral part of the team, supporting the VP of Strategic Development in our pursuit of offline grants and donations. In addition, this role will provide proactive administrative support directly to Kiva’s CEO.
The right person for this role must be creative and enjoy working within an entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and community-oriented. Successful candidates must be very organized, unfailingly positive, and evidence the highest level of integrity and commitment to confidentiality. They are able to multitask and build strong ties across multiple teams, while learning about fundraising, grant writing and grant reporting. The Associate, Strategic Development will report to the VP of Strategic Development.
Kiva (www.kiva.org) is an innovative non-profit focused on connecting people through lending to alleviate poverty and create opportunity. We run a global marketplace platform for crowdfunded microloans that serves the financially excluded. Our organization combines the culture and technological passion of an internet start-up with the compassion and empathy of a non-profit to address poverty at global scale. We aim to drive social impact and enable opportunity while providing a borrower-to-lender connection: “Loans that change lives.” In just 13 years, we have raised more than $1.1 billion in loan capital for 2.7 million borrowers in 83 countries. Our lenders fund over $10 million in loans every month. With offices in San Francisco, Portland, New York, Nairobi, and Bangkok, Kiva's team includes 100+ employees and 400+ volunteers worldwide.
- Provide Administrative Support to the Strategic Development Team
- Support the basic administrative needs of senior staff on the Strategic Development team, which includes managing calendars, agendas, and task lists, and supporting email communications
- Participate in critical internal and external meetings and ensure accurate notes are taken and stored appropriately
- Maintain Kiva’s donor information in Confluence and Salesforce
- Conduct prospect research and manage revenue pipeline information
- Maintain and process regular analytics reports to support the Strategic Development Team and Management Team’s needs
- Support Kiva’s Administration of Grants and Donations
- Support drafting of grant proposals
- Track sales moves, grant requests, pledges and contributions to Kiva, including managing a calendar of grant proposals and reports
- Support preparation for Kiva’s annual financial audits, including maintaining all files of grant proposals, grants contracts and budgets
- In coordination with the Finance Team, manage the weekly donations process and the monthly reconciliation process
- Other related duties as required
- Provide Executive Assistant Support to Kiva’s CEO
- Provide proactive management of CEO’s calendar by prioritizing and resolving issues to ensure availability and readiness for activities, meetings, events
- Research, prioritize, and follow-up on incoming issues and concerns identified by the CEO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature
- Support the CEO’s email management, including inbox clean-up, filing, and light editing
- Reconcile CEO’s corporate credit card account and prepare expense reports to ensure accurate and timely preparation, submission and tracking
The ideal candidate will be a proactive, self-directed and organized professional who wants to learn and grow in a dynamic social enterprise and possesses the following skills and attributes:
- Minimum one year administrative experience at a for-profit or non-profit
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- Ability to exercise good judgment and maintain strict confidentiality
- Extreme attention to detail
What We Offer
- An amazing mission: Kiva’s mission is to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty across the globe.
- An opportunity to improve real lives, solve hard problems, and change the world.
- Friendly, supportive, and adventurous environment with a team of engaged colleagues.
- Casual work environment.
- A comprehensive, industry-leading benefits package.
- Opportunities to connect with and learn from colleagues and stakeholder communities around the world.
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of Kiva's culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!
See Inside the Office of Kiva
Through Kiva, anyone can lend $25 to a borrower in the developing world, making it possible for artisans, farmers, and shopkeepers to realize their dreams and create a better future for themselves and their families. Kiva works hard to keep its lenders and borrowers connected, too, so lenders get a chance to see first-hand the impact their loan is having.
Back to top