Senior Project Manager Mechanical
Kirlin Carolinas, is a large scale commercial mechanical and plumbing contractor in the Charlotte area, with branch offices in SC, specializing in hospitals, R&D, plan & spec and design build. We self-perform HVAC piping, plumbing, and the installation of equipment associated with our projects throughout North and South Carolina. Our projects range from $1 MM to $30 MM mechanical contract value.
We are currently looking for a Senior Project Manager with Mechanical Construction Experience to join Kirlin Carolinas, LLC in Charlotte, NC.
The Project Manager is to p rovide the overall management direction for a large project or two or more smaller projects in volume total up to $15,000,000.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform material take-offs and the material, equipment and subcontractor purchases.
- Prepare, submit and maintain subcontracts, purchase orders, construction change directives, submittals and project control logs.
- Initiate and maintain liaison with the prime client and A/E contacts to facilitate construction activities.
- Monitor and control construction through administrative direction of an onsite Superintendent to ensure the project(s) are built on schedule and within budget; identify potential problems and assist in recommending corrective action.
- Represent company in project meetings and assist in labor negotiations/strategy meetings.
- Maintain all project drawings.
- Manage financial aspects of the contracts (pay applications, change orders, monthly financial reporting, rental equipment, tools, etc.) to protect the company's interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with Client.
- Review all submittals for conformance with contact documents.
- Assume additional responsibilities per supervisor's direction.
General skills and abilities
- Excellent leadership, managerial and mentoring skills
- Professional demeanor and ability to interact with individuals at all levels
- High energy level and strong work ethic
- Possess initiative and strong customer service focus (both internal and external)
- Disciplined, responsible personality with attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and business management skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize
- Highly motivated and creative with natural intellectual curiosity
- Possesses sound judgement, able to think clearly and make informed decisions
- Possesses emotional maturity, good moral character and integrity always
- Upholds the vision, goals and values of Kirlin
- Handles sensitive and confidential assignments with tact and diplomacy
- Must be comfortable communicating with high level management as well as external clients.
- Ability to function in fast paced, ever changing, high demand environment assuring to meet all final deliverables, detail specifications, and deadlines.
Required Education and Experience
- 4-year engineering degree or equivalent field experience, plus extensive (ten or more years) experience/knowledge of construction, design and management required.
- Must be able to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance.
- Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards, etc. and their impact on a project is vital.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Interpersonal skills are essential.
- Must be a business oriented person capable of successfully managing a group of employees.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Some travel may be required if deemed necessary. Regular travel to the jobsites, as necessary to satisfy the requirements of the position.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Disability and Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Education Tuition Assistance
An Equal Opportunity Employer: EEO/Drug Free/M/F/Disability/Veterans
Back to top