Project Safety Coordinator
Advocating an integrated design-build model, Kirlin Design Build (KDB) combines in-house engineering and BIM coordination capabilities with self-performed construction, prefabrication, and commissioning to successfully provide customers a single-source solution. KDB's single-source, or turn-key, approach to design-build delivery is ideally suited for difficult and complex projects because the majority of services related to the project's mechanical scope of are performed in-house. By providing most of the services in-house, we can better control costs, coordination, schedule, and commissioning, while being more responsive to ownership concerns and requirements during the design and construction processes, the owner ultimately receives a better end result.
KDB is looking for talented individuals who enjoy challenges to join the team. We are currently seeking a Project Safety Coordinator to join our team in Rockville, MD.
The Project Safety Coordinator will join the safety team in managing health and safety. We are looking for a self-motivated, team player, who can work with our on-site project staff and subcontractors to not only maintain our excellent safety record and program but to elevate it to new heights working with the corporate team.
- Construction safety background is required; large /specialty or mechanical contracting knowledge is a plus.
- Working knowledge of all applicable regulations including OSHA, USACE and EPA etc.
- Experience in development of safety plans, AHA's and other documentation
- Must have OSHA 30 certification, OSHA 500 a plus
- Experience and ability to coordinate and document inspection schedules, reports and follow up.
- Team player with strong communication skills and the ability to interact with peers, subcontractors and management.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to plan and work independently
- Four year degree preferable in safety or construction
- CHST, GSP, or other appropriate designation is desired
- 1+ Years of experience in safety management
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Disability and Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Education Tuition Assistance
An Equal Opportunity Employer: EEO/Drug Free/M/F/Disability/Veterans
Back to top