Kirlin Builders, LLC (KB) was formed in 1994 to provide Design/Build and Design-Bid-Build services to our nation's aging military medical facilities through renovation, repair and related construction services. We have established a national reputation for construction and renovation of medical research facilities and laboratories - which includes the construction of specialized containment laboratories up to Bio-Safety Level Four. KB has since expanded our expertise to provide a full spectrum of Design/Build construction services as well as General Contracting services in both the Federal and Commercial markets. With a footprint of experience in over 30 states and Europe, KB continues to grow and expand our services and attract the most talented group of professionals.
Kirlin Builders is currently looking for a Project Manager to join our team for a project in Fort Lewis, Washington.
The Project Manager plans and carries out policies relating to the management of construction projects by performing the duties listed below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Knowledge of Quality Control (QC) Programs
- Creates the site specific QC plan
- Keeps the QC plan updated
- Conducts and documents the 3-phase inspection program
- Utilizes the deficiency log to create a 0 punch list project
- Timely performs the pre-final and final inspections.
- If there are punch list items they are completed timely
- Understand government documentation requirements
- Maintains a sense of urgency
- Manage subcontractors and coordinate subcontractor work to ensure the project schedule is met.
- Understands construction sequencing. Can conceptually build the project in its entirety and do it.
- Knowing with whom and when to communicate
- Reads and understands the Accident Prevention Plan and executes the plan to include all documentation.
- Has a working knowledge of the Corps of Engineer safety manual/requirements.
- Knows and understands infection control standards and methods.
- Trust but verify
- Ensures all work is installed per the work plan document and that quality is met by utilizing the QCP.
- Suspect and Inspect
- Proper use of the deficiency log. performs timely inspections and uses the deficiency log in order to have a 0 punch list project.
- Identify and resolve problems and conflicts early by utilizing specific controls established in the QCP.
- Communication skills written/verbal both upstream and downstream within Kirlin and at all levels external to Kirlin.
- Effectively Conduct Owners meeting to ensure there is a complete understanding of the project and any current issues or outstanding questions.
- Issue agenda stating issues and objectives of the meeting; issued in enough time to ensure a productive meeting and produces the minutes of those meetings.
- Effectively uses the meeting to achieve the stated goals.
- Continually working to develop delegation skills.
- Knows and understands their audience.
- Focuses on their facility, but understands the big picture.
- Works independently / a decision maker.
- Understand the abilities and limitations of themselves and understands when to seek guidance.
- Prepares our pay requisition to the customer and then prepares and sends the subcontractors invoices to accounting.
- Prepares budgets and understands the Kirlin "Bluefolder' process.
- Understands and is proficient in ViewPoint.
- Write and execute subcontracts and the scope of work.
- Scope and price construction change orders.
- Manage schedule, close out and job cost.
- Manage the QC and Safety program.
- Develops monthly progress reports to the customer.
- Develops monthly risk reports
- Manage the submittal process.
- Proactively manages risk.
- Basic Understanding of LEEDS and is capable of implementing the LEED requirements.
- Education: 4 year technical or business degree or minimum of 5 years of experience in a related field. These requirements may change based on the requirements of a contract and the Project Manager may be labelled a different type of position to accommodate such requirements.
- Skills: MS Office/computer skills; good verbal and written skills, capable of defining roles and responsibilities; know and understand our contracts; and capable of training those below them to perform their job
- Abilities - Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to stand, climb, walk, sit, talk, hear and see. Routine operations may require standing for hours at a time, climbing ladders and stairs, sitting for completion of required paperwork, communication of ideas and direction and to hear and see what is said and what occurs at the site and at on and off site meetings.
- Work Environment: The work environment ranges from working on a construction site, in a job site trailer, to an office in the division offices. Noise level is moderate to high. Requires work boots, safety goggles and hard hat.
- Current ASHE and/or HCC certification
- Current CQM (Construction Quality Management) certification
- Experience with Viewpoint, Procore, MS Project, or Procure scheduling software.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Education Tuition Assistance
An Equal Opportunity Employer: EEO/Drug Free/M/F/Disability/Veterans
Back to top