Kirlin Florida, LLC originally opened in 1982. Supported by an exceptional management team, Kirlin Florida, LLC today has expanded geographically to almost every major region in the state of Florida. With offices located in Fort Lauderdale, Miami and Tampa, it is capable of building virtually any type of project. We offer extensive experience in building commercial, research, institutional, environmental, governmental, pharmaceutical, industrial, aviation, health care and sports facilities. Kirlin Florida features one of the largest fabrication facilities in the state. We are currently seeking a MECHANICAL ESTIMATOR to join the Kirlin Florida team!
The Estimating Department and its staff are key components to maintaining the viability of the company's future. An estimator accomplishes this task by performing the duties listed below to provide an accurate bid, with the correct profit margin. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities perform the essential functions.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Technical Knowledge. Must make continuous efforts to keep abreast of technological advances in the mechanical industry. This includes value-engineering concepts during the take-off phase. Provides technical assistance in negotiating contracts and change orders.
- Bids jobs. Takes-off drawings using automated or manual systems. Ensures material and labor are priced according to accepted practices during the bid process. Ensures the scope of work is accurately interpreted. Reviews all estimate packages for accuracy / completeness and reviews estimate with VP Estimating, PM, and SR PM. Must keep time commitments as required by VP Estimating. Often works in a fast paced and quickly evolving environment.
- Safety and Security. Understands and enforces safety requirements in the workplace.
- Customer Service. Serves as the Company representative when dealing with the owner, general contractor, venders and internal customers (i.e. project management staff, coordinators etc.).
- Profit Management. Understands and applies value engineering procedures to increase or maintain profit levels established by management.
- Communications. Clearly articulates concepts and directions, both orally and in writing.
- Follows Company Policy. Adheres to all Company policies and procedures with particular attention paid to items that affect other employees.
- Team Player. Helps, supports and communicates with all Company employees. Maintains a positive attitude and "sells" the Company at every opportunity.
- Education and/or Experience. Degree in engineering, building construction or at least five years' field experience involving Mechanical projects. Preferred experience in mechanical contracting / engineering. Must have, or obtain, OSHA certification. Capable in handling large complex installations.
- Language Skills. Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents - including blue prints. Ability to write, plan, coordinate and make presentations to individuals and groups using innovative techniques. Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Mathematical Skills. Ability to work with mathematical concepts.
- Reasoning Ability. Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of problems. Ability to define problems, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and make sound recommendations.
- Automation Skills. Must be able to use or learn QuickPen Estimating Software, ProCore, MS Office (Word and Excel). Prepares spreadsheets and data bases to monitor the project. Must possess ability to use internet and email forms of communication with good judgement.
- Be able to obtain government badges for projects KF is currently supporting, US Citizenship required.
General skills, abilities:
- Excellent leadership, managerial and mentoring skills
- Professional demeanor and ability to interact with individuals at all levels
- High energy level and strong work ethic
- Possess initiative and strong customer service focus (both internal and external)
- Disciplined, responsible personality with attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and business management skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize
- Highly motivated and creative with natural intellectual curiosity
- Possesses sound judgement, able to think clearly and make informed decisions
- Possesses emotional maturity, good moral character and integrity at all times
- Upholds the vision, goals and values of Kirlin
- Handles sensitive and confidential assignments with tact and diplomacy
- Must be comfortable communicating with high level management as well as external clients.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Some travel may be required if deemed necessary.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or general education diploma (GED).
- 5-10 years of related experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor's or Associate's degree in business or related field .
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Ability to function in fast paced, ever changing, high demand environment assuring to meet all final deliverables, detail specifications, and deadlines.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Disability and Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Education Tuition Assistance
An Equal Opportunity Employer: EEO/Drug Free/M/F/Disability/Veterans
Back to top