Lead Fire Sprinkler Inspector
National Fire Protection, LLC | Kirlin Group Company is currently has an opening for an experienced, self-motivated, customer service oriented Lead Fire Sprinkler / Alarm Inspector with strong written and verbal communication skills. The primary function of this position is to provide reliable, high quality customer support through on-site electronic and/or written inspections and preventive maintenance services with knowledge of multiple manufacturers' products. The Inspector will provide accurate and detailed inspection's reports with all proper documentation of improvements and complications. The inspector is responsible to perform inspections of fire protection systems per the NFPA. National Fire Protection, LLC is dedicated to providing all employees with stability and opportunity for growth and we provide all technicians with the resources and training needed to perform their job duties.
- Ensure customers are serviced at the highest level of satisfaction through quality courteous service, and by applying experience, knowledge and training.
- Thoroughly perform routine inspections, testing and services of life safety product lines in a timely manner as scheduled
- Daily communications with Project Manager and/or Schedule Coordinator on inspection or project delays, requirements and general status of job to ensure that the customer receives the work per proposed scope.
- Responsible for operating with minimal supervision while performing fire protection inspections
- Utilizes an online scheduling calendar to receive and understand the individual scheduled tasks, customer locations, and maintain other company documents as required (timesheets, safety audits...).
- Maintain positive customer relationships and review inspection results with customer.
- Turn in required paperwork in a timely manner and work with Project Manager, Schedule Coordinator and Office Administrative Staff to ensure complete closeout and turnover of jobs to the client (Confirm that work is completed so it can be billed in full).
- Maintain equipment, supplies and company vehicle (if supplied) in good working order.
- Study and learn NFPA standards for the inspection and testing of fire protection systems. Stay current with code requirements, industry changes, and obtain NICET certifications.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Strong working knowledge of life safety and NFPA codes is preferred
- NICET Level II
- Working knowledge of fire sprinklers, fire pumps, backflow, standpipes, sprinkler controls, alarm panels, devices and critical components are required
- Willing to coordinate between inspection deficiencies and service required to correct found deficiencies
- Able to complete documentation as necessary, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Good verbal/written communication & customer service skills
- Mechanical & Math Aptitude
- Exceptional computer skills
- Professional and Organized
- Physical ability to lift 50 pounds
- Must have basic tools including hand tools
- Prepared to read and write English clearly
- Capability to present information and respond to questions from managers, customers, AHJs (Authorities Having Jurisdiction) and the general public.
- Possess a valid driver's license with a clean DMV record in accordance with Company policy
- Willing to pass pre-employment drug screen, reference and background checks
- Competitive Salary
- Health, dental, vision, life and long term disability insurances
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- 401(k) Plan with company match
- Paid time off
- Education Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance Program
An Equal Opportunity Employer: EEO/Drug Free/M/F/Disability/Veterans
Back to top