Human Resources Specialist
The Kirlin Group is one of the nation's leading privately held construction companies. Originally founded in 1960, The Kirlin Group began as a single trade contractor specializing in plumbing, heating, ventilation and air conditioning. Today, in addition to its core specialty trade, The Kirlin Group provides its clients with a full spectrum of construction services including design/build, construction management and fire protection services, both inside and outside the United States.
The Kirlin Group with corporate offices in Rockville, MD, has an immediate need for a Human Resources Specialist to join our corporate team. The successful candidate could work in any of our major offices located in Rockville, Raleigh, Charlotte, Fort Lauderdale or Tampa.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Main contact for broker, insurance carrier and vendor to manage all benefit programs.
- Assist plan participants with claim resolution and benefit plan questions.
- Setup benefit plan changes with TPA in online system and internal accounting department.
- Process administrative tasks for all benefit plans for enrollments, changes, etc. and ensuring these are processed through payroll.
- Maintain current knowledge of benefit laws and IRS requirements do ensure compliance.
- Attend open enrollment meetings at the various offices and job sites during the open enrollment period with plan providers and/or broker.
- Ensure that ACA filing is processed accurately by reviewing reports provided and approve for mailing to meet the deadline.
- Assist management from the various business units with recruitment needs for new and/or replacement positions.
- Process offer letters for candidates after the position has completed the approval process from upper management (CEO/COO).
- Conduct new employee orientation on a weekly basis providing an overview of Kirlin along with safety processes on the first day.
- Complete E-Verify submittals for new hires.
- Provide guidance and expertise to management in resolving employee relation issues.
- Assist managers with performance improvement plans execution and review progress.
- Responsible for Help Line calls received from employees and investigate any issues, if needed, with the Chief Administrative Officer
- Work closely with CEO and COO with staffing needs and data.
- Manage the facilities staff that include reception/administrative staff and building maintenance/needs.
- Point of contact for calls from the security company with alarm calls, etc.
- Ensure that elevator and fire alarm inspections take place yearly and schedule fire drill.
- Provide information to Corporate controller for year end reporting, W2s, etc.
- Administrate FMLA processes for all business units.
- Process severance and other employee agreements for all business units.
- Manage personal time off ensuring that we follow state law changes and resolve any discrepancies issues.
- Assist in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures. Prepare and maintain employee handbook manuals.
- Complete audits for the Department of Labor.
- Complete coding for invoices for all human resources and central services bills and submit for approval.
- EEO/OFCCP Compliance - Develop and maintain the affirmative action program; file EEO-1 annual reports; maintain report EEO logs; and ensure that the company is complying with the 16 steps.
- Conduct exit interviews with employees to go over the exit survey completed, benefits and questions.
- Coordinate with payroll supervisors and other staff to ensure that we are complying with all applicable laws and policies.
- Verify time entries every two weeks
- Work closely with the accounting department on payroll issues, processes, etc.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Human Resources
- Experience with federal government contractor preferred but not required
- Demonstrated experience managing people
- Demonstrated experience of creating and measuring the budget for an HR Department
- SHRM certification preferred but not required
The physical demands of this position are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Disability and Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Education Tuition Assistance
An Equal Opportunity Employer: EEO/Drug Free/M/F/Disability/Veterans
Back to top