Kirlin Builders, LLC (KB) was formed in 1994 to provide Design/Build and Design-Bid-Build services to our nation's aging military medical facilities through renovation, repair and related construction services. We have established a national reputation for construction and renovation of medical research facilities and laboratories - which includes the construction of specialized containment laboratories up to Bio-Safety Level Four. KB has since expanded our expertise to provide a full spectrum of Design/Build construction services as well as General Contracting services in both the Federal and Commercial markets. With a footprint of experience in over 30 states and Europe, KB continues to grow and expand our services and attract the most talented group of professionals.
Kirlin Builders is currently looking for a Mid-Level Estimator (temporary position) to join our team in our Corporate office in Maryland! This candidate will support the bidding process by developing and preparing of cost estimates for construction projects and services as assigned. This position reports to the Chief Estimator.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares cost estimates and bid documents for construction projects or services that are reviewed by management before proposal submission.
- Obtains comparative quotations for materials and subcontractor services.
- Compares subcontractor proposals with required project scope.
- Assembles bid files including all development information that was utilized in preparation of the estimates.
- Prepares In House Estimate as required for evaluation of trade contractors proposals. Develop appropriate contingencies.
- Coordinates all sub costs, KB management, general conditions to ensure complete project estimate.
- Develops RFI's and Clarifications to ensure adequate scope and subcontractor coverage.
- Understands Technical Portion of proposals to ensure all costs are calculated. Maintain tracking log of bid information regularly.
- Scopes projects and coordinate with local construction team and selects subcontractors with local construction team input.
- Reviews Invitation to Bid (ITB) for all bids and follows up with subcontractors to ensure complete coverage of trades (onsite assistance available).
- Bachelor's degree in a related field is desired, but not an absolute requirement. 3-5 years in estimating role or previous field construction work with a strong desire to learn.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the particular field.
- Ability to interpret construction documents (plans & specifications).
- Familiarity with Conceptual Estimating practices, with an ability to estimate project with minimal information.
The physical demands of this position are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is a temporary position and it is not eligible for company benefits.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: EEO/Drug Free/M/F/Disability/Veterans
Back to top