Designer Fire Sprinkler
National Fire Protection, LLC | Kirlin Group Company has an exciting opportunity for a Designer Fire Sprinkler -- National Projects, out of our Fort Lauderdale, Florida Office . The Designer will utilize industry specific design software to generate accurate complex Fire Sprinkler designs for construction projects across various NFP markets including: Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Orlando, and South Florida Region.
The Designer for this position not only understands how to utilize AutoSprink, SprinkCad or HydraCad design software to execute large complex Fire Sprinkler lay-outs, but also is eager for a challenging position where they can bring diverse thoughts and ideas to a family oriented work environment with a work hard, play hard mentality.
Kirlin is moving into a new direction, with a new culture and leaders that are supporting our Kirlin Family Team members to have a voice in the company direction, set personal career goals, and provide the tools, training, and mentorship to reach those goals. The Vision of our Leaders to change the Construction Industry while building a legacy, combined with strategy execution by our amazing Kirlin Team, is the catalyst behind our continued Success and Growth. Kirlin is not only a Leader in the Industry, but continues to raise the bar on Innovation Construction Technology, Company Culture, Quality, and Project Delivery. We are encouraging and supporting our Kirlin Team to Develop and Achieve their Career Goals and become our Future Leaders.
Kirlin debuted on the Mechanical list at # 16, #5 on the Fire Sprinkler and #54 Overall! Our hope is that you will see the future opportunities that are available and come join us bringing your creative ideas to partner and spearhead elevating NFP from being #5 on the 2017 ENR Specialty Contractor's list to becoming #1.
The Kirlin Team is setting a new Industry standard in Design/Build, Mechanical, General Construction, Mechanical Services, Engineering, Construction Management, Fire Protection, and Fabrication across all markets Commercial & Industrial, across the US and expanding Internationally. Kirlin's Competitive Advantage: We hire Talent, so Our People set us apart, we are One Kirlin Family.
To perform this job successfully, a Fire Sprinkler Designer must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Work primarily independently under the supervision of the Engineering Manager and other team members to create successful project designs.
- Actively participate in calculations and design document production.
- Analyze construction drawings and AutoCAD backgrounds to generate fire protection submittal, fabrication and installation drawings.
- Use computer assisted design/drafting equipment and software to develop designs.
- Assist in compiling and preparing plan submittals (shop drawings) and material submittals for review by architects, engineers, clients and authorities having jurisdiction.
- Follow instructions and complete assignments from Design Manager and/or Lead Designer.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Posses 5 - 10 years of relevant design experience.
- Strong CAD skills, AutoCAD required; Navisworks and Revit preferred.
- NICET certification, a plus
- AA or AAS in AutoCAD design a plus. Preference will be given to candidates with an educational background in Engineering and Construction Management or Design.
- Understanding of hydraulic calculations.
- Understanding of pipe listings and fabrication processes.
- Basic knowledge of relevant fire protection systems (wet-pipe, dry-pipe, preaction and deluge) with the ability to rapidly increase knowledge.
- Basic familiarity with AutoCAD, which includes a basic understanding of three-dimensional models and spatial relationship.
- Ability to read design, architectural and structural blueprints (training provided).
- Fundamental understanding of general construction methods, practices and terminology (training provided).
- Working knowledge of MS Word and Excel, particularly as it applies to design work.
Preferred (Not Required)
- Experience working with Navisworks and Revit
- NICET certification
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Dental and Vision
- Disability and Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Education Tuition Assistance
An Equal Opportunity Employer: EEO/Drug Free/M/F/Disability/Veterans
National Fire Protection, LLC | Kirlin Company is a fire protection systems contractor capable of performing any type of commercial, industrial, service, residential, and special hazards systems and construction. With principal offices in Maryland, Florida, South Carolina and Texas, the company offers its leadership in the fire protection systems industry to a broad range of clients. National Fire Protection now operates in 9 states and internationally.
A project can call for any type of fire protection system, from standard wet and dry sprinkler through large and complex special hazards systems, alarm and detection and suppression in any type of construction environment, from new construction to detail oriented historical renovation, while utilizing any type of contract delivery system, including design-bid-build, fast-track construction, design-assist, and design-build, and NFP has the talent, technical, and financial resources to meet the client's needs.
Meet Some of Kirlin's Employees
Ed oversees construction projects from start to finish—communicating with clients, mapping out logistics, and passing important information along to his team.
Back to top