Designer - Fire Protection
National Fire Protection, LLC | Kirlin Company is a fire protection systems contractor capable of performing any type of commercial, industrial, service, residential, and special hazards systems and construction. With principal offices in Maryland, Florida, South Carolina and Texas, the company offers its leadership in the fire protection systems industry to a broad range of clients. National Fire Protection now operates in 9 states and internationally.
A project can call for any type of fire protection system, from standard wet and dry sprinkler through large and complex special hazards systems, alarm and detection and suppression in any type of construction environment, from new construction to detail oriented historical renovation, while utilizing any type of contract delivery system, including design-bid-build, fast-track construction, design-assist, and design-build, and NFP has the talent, technical, and financial resources to meet the client's needs.
National Fire Protection, LLC | Kirlin Group Company is currently looking for a Design Engineer.
- Work primarily independently under the supervision of the Engineering Manager and other team members to create successful project designs.
- Actively participate in calculations and design document production.
- Analyze construction drawings and AutoCAD backgrounds to generate fire protection submittal, fabrication and installation drawings.
- Use computer assisted design/drafting equipment and software to develop designs.
- Assist in compiling and preparing plan submittals (shop drawings) and material submittals for review by architects, engineers, clients and authorities having jurisdiction.
- Posses 5 - 10 years of relevant design experience.
- Strong CAD skills, AutoCAD required; Navisworks and Revit preferred.
- NICET certification, a plus
- AA or AAS in AutoCAD design a plus. Preference will be given to candidates with an educational background in Engineering and Construction Management or Design.
- Understanding of hydraulic calculations.
- Understanding of pipe listings and fabrication processes.
- Basic knowledge of relevant fire protection systems (wet-pipe, dry-pipe, preaction and deluge) with the ability to rapidly increase knowledge.
- Basic familiarity with AutoCAD, which includes a basic understanding of three-dimensional models and spatial relationship.
- Ability to read design, architectural and structural blueprints (training provided).
- Fundamental understanding of general construction methods, practices and terminology (training provided).
- Working knowledge of MS Word and Excel, particularly as it applies to design work.
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Dental and Vision
- Disability and Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Education Tuition Assistance
An Equal Opportunity Employer: EEO/Drug Free/M/F/Disability/Veterans
Back to top