- Orlando, FL
Kirlin Florida, LLC originally opened in 1982. Supported by an exceptional management team, Kirlin Florida, LLC today has expanded geographically to almost every major region in the state of Florida. With offices located in Fort Lauderdale, Miami and Tampa, it is capable of building virtually any type of project. We offer extensive experience in building commercial, research, institutional, environmental, governmental, pharmaceutical, industrial, aviation, health care and sports facilities. Kirlin Florida features one of the largest fabrication facilities in the state. We are currently seeking for a Construction Executive to join the Kirlin Florida team!
The Construction Executive is the on-site representative of the Company responsible for the overall direction, completion and financial outcome of a single complex construction project that could require additional staff. He/she develops project managers; develops new business; plans and carries out policies relating to the management of construction projects performing and/or monitoring the duties listed below. It is the next step in eventually becoming a Construction Executive and being part of the senior staff.
- Leadership: Develops subordinates for advancement within the Company, using Company policies and procedures. Recruits qualified talent, mentors and trains subordinates to perform and ensure effective matching of talent to job assignments. Actively participates in community and industry activities professionally representing and promoting the Company.
- New Business Development: Develops a client base and maintains professional relationships with sub-contractors and vendors creating lasting relationships over time. Participates extensively in business development process by acquiring and defining project opportunities.
- Bids Jobs: Participates in, and at times, leads as Bid Captain the estimating/budgeting process for competitive proposals. Knows how to take off estimates and price labor and material during the bid process; can define the scope of work; and ensures price coverage by vendors. Ensures the day to day operations of the project are transitioned effectively to Project Managers and Foremen from Pre-Construction when work commences in the field.
- Builds the Job: Manages projects by ensuring they are properly staffed, safety and employee policies are enforced, labor cost is managed and a quality job is finished on time. Provides oversight in managing all necessary resources throughout the entire project from start-up through close-out to ensure that our client's expectations are met and budgetary and profit objectives are met. Works with Division President and VP of Operations to assemble the proper Project Management and Foreman staff to create the most effective project team. Monitors and evaluates Project Manager and Foreman assignments. Visits the site regularly to monitor performance, schedule and expenditures with the project staff, highlight potential challenges and provide leadership in responding creatively to bring projects in on schedule and under budget.
- Buying/Purchasing: Establishes budgets and negotiates the best deals which meet the contract specifications and remain within the established budgets while taking into account project-specific challenges. Maintains a list of vendors and suppliers who meet EEOC requirements.
- Manages Project Labor: Works closely with the Project Manager and Foremen and Labor Manager know, understand and manage labor cost through use of Company established policies, makes reasonable efforts to meet goals for minority and female employees; walks project and updates labor weekly.
- Change Order Administration: Identifies, submits, communicates to affected parties and uses creativity to promptly settle change orders.
- Requisition Processes: Understands and prepares schedule of values; knows procedures for billing and collecting moneys due.
- Project Close-Out: Submits O&M manuals, valve tag charts, as built drawings, lien releases, permits, spare parts, commission's reports, test and balance reports, warrant letters and any other contractual or Company policies. Completes punch lists in a timely manner.
- Safety and Security: Works closely with the Safety Director understands and enforces safety and drug testing requirements and procedures and obtains required OSHA certification.
- Customer Service: Serves as the Company representative when dealing with the owner, general contractor, vendor, and internal customers. Attends Owner and project meetings to maintain continuous client contact to gauge performance perceptions.
- Profit Management: Provides leadership and business judgement on all financial and profitability aspects of the project. Establishes profit margin with the Project Manager and teaches the team how to increase profit levels. Monitors and controls cost. Understands and applies procedures to increase or maintain profit levels established by management. Utilizes company project management software.
- Cash Management: Understands and applies procedures to ensure positive cash flow throughout the term of the project. Monitors project manager cash management, sets objectives and teaches project managers proper billing methods.
- Communications: Can clearly articulate concepts and directions, both orally and in writing. Uses email prudently. Maintains verbal lines of communication.
- Follows Company Policies: Adheres to all Company policies and procedures with particular attention paid to items that affect other employees.
- Team Player: Helps, supports and communicates with all Company employees.
- Able to Buy: Maintains a list of vendors/suppliers meeting EEOC requirements, develops scope of work and at the best price for the specified product.
- Technical Knowledge: Must make continuous efforts to keep abreast of technological advances in the industry.
- Education/Experience: Degree in engineering, building construction or at least five years' experience as a Senior Project Manager and ten years hands on experience. Preferred experience in mechanical contracting/engineering. Must have, or obtain, OSHA certification. Capable in handling large complex installations.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents - including blue prints. Ability to write, plan, coordinate and make presentations to individuals and groups using innovative techniques. Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and make sound recommendations.
- Automation Skills: Must be able to use MS Office (Word and Excel). Prepare spreadsheets and databases to monitor the project. Must possess ability to use internet and email forms of communication with good judgement.
The physical demands of this position are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Disability and Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Education Tuition Assistance
An Equal Opportunity Employer: EEO/Drug Free/M/F/Disability/Veterans
Back to top