We are currently looking for a BIM Manager to join the Kirlin Group in our Raleigh/Carolinas office
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead a team of 20 BIM modelers performing BIM on mechanical and plumbing systems for multiple projects
- Develop work schedules and task durations for multi-trade staff of BIM modelers
- Review mechanical and plumbing design documents for continuity, errors, and constructability issues, and makes corrective recommendations.
- Review design drawings and specifications and helps populate the project start-up worksheets.
- Review CAD /BIM files daily for productivity and efficiency.
- Review final equipment room CAD /BIM files against design documents for correctness.
- Provide guidance and technical direction to staff and subcontractors.
- Develop hanger and pipe support plan (design scheme) for shop fabricated support components.
- Work with foremen /superintendent to identify and resolve construction issues identified through modeling and coordination .
- Work with project managers to identify and budget coordination/design related costs for RFIs and change order proposals.
- Review and approve coordination related RFIs prior to submission.
- Schedule and conduct training sessions on CAD or piping systems subjects on a monthly basis.
- Work with general contractors and subcontractors in developing coordination process, schedule, and meeting structure.
- Maintain monthly project cost data, project percent complete, and projected final coordination cost.
- Populate timesheet computer database with new project information.
- Record, approve, and maintain weekly staff time entry, PTO and other timesheet related record keeping.
- Approves staff PTO requests and maintains department PTO database.
- Review and approve department related invoices.
- Review bill of material reports from CAD drawings and work with purchasing department on material orders.
- Manage spooling process daily, and prioritizes internal workload based on fabrication and construction activity requirements.
- Work with developer s and IT on software updates , upgrades and improvement.
- Troubleshoot CAD /BIM software issues and problems, and work wit h help desk vendor.
- Ability to solve any immediate project issues.
- Schedule and plan work to meet deadlines. Communicate plans effectively to team members.
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures with attention paid to items that affect other employees and departments.
- Help, support and communicate with all Company employees. Maintain a positive attitude and "sell" the Company at every opportunity.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have experience managing a team of five or more people
- Minimum of 10 years in CAD and/or 3D modeling with specific training and proficiency in CAD MEP, Revit , AutoCAD and Navisworks
- Must possess a high-level understanding of mechanical and plumbing systems, how they opera te and their related codes.
- Must be able to interpret architectural and structural design drawings at an expert level.
- Can compose business related correspondence, in both email and letter format, in a professional and articulate manner.
- Strong knowledge and adherence to safety work practices in office, in fabrication ship and on construction site.
- Ability to work with project managers, field workers and engineers. Build a good relationship with customers in other trades and within the Company.
- Must have basic PC experience in Windows environments, working knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook, web enabled applications and database software.
- Associates Degree or Bachelor's Degree in engineering, building construction or design
- Knowledge of construction industry, HVAC, mechanical, plumbing, and fire protection industry codes.
- Extensive REVIT experience.
- Experience writing BIM execution plans
- Experience BIM modeling true fabrication content in a system such as SysQue, FABmep or similar
- Experience utilizing BIM for heavy prefabrication
The physical demands of this position are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work tasks may include observational survey of existing conditions within or around buildings. Some construction site or fabrication shop visits may be required for this position.
Back to top