Kirlin Carolinas is a large scale commercial mechanical and plumbing contractor in the Raleigh/Durham area, with branch offices in SC, specializing in hospitals, R&D, plan & spec and design build. We self-perform HVAC piping, plumbing, and the installation of equipment associated with our projects throughout North and South Carolina. Our projects range from $1 MM to $30 MM mechanical contract value.
We are currently looking for a BIM COORDINATOR to join Kirlin Carolinas, LLC in our Raleigh, NC office.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Review BIM models daily for productivity and efficiency of space and material.
- Works with General Contractor and Subcontractors in developing coordination models, schedules, and meeting structure.
- Works with Project Managers to identify Coordination / Design related costs for Change Order Proposals.
- Reviews final equipment room BIM models against design documents for correctness.
- Maintains bi-weekly project percent complete and projected final coordination date.
- Reviews Mechanical and Plumbing design documents for continuity, errors, constructability issues, and makes corrective recommendations.
- Provides guidance and technical direction subcontractors as needed.
- Develops hanger and pipe support plan (design scheme) for shop fabricated support components.
- Works with Foremen to identify and resolve construction issues.
- Reviews and approves coordination related RFIs prior to submission.
- Develops Bill of Material reports from BIM models and works with Purchasing Department on material orders.
- Works with software developer and BIM Manager on updates and improvements.
- Ability to work with project managers, field workers, engineers. Build a good relationship with customers, other trades and within company.
- Schedule and plan work to meet deadlines. Communicate plans effectively to team members
- Keep up with software changes, new skill sets and technology. Conduct company training sessions for CAD drafters.
- Adheres to all Company policies and procedures with particular attention paid to items that affect other employees.
- Helps, supports and communicates with all Company employees. Maintains a positive attitude and "sells" the Company at every opportunity.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must be proficient in Revit MEP and Navisworks Manage. Proficiency in AutoCAD MEP is a plus.
- Must possess a high-level understanding of Mechanical and Plumbing systems, how they operate, and their related Codes.
- Must be able to interpret Architectural and Structural design drawings at an expert level.
- Must have basic PC experience in Windows environments, working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail, web-enabled applications, and database software.
- Must be able to compose business related correspondence, in both email and letter format, in a professional and articulate manner
The physical demands of this position are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds . Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Disability and Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Education Tuition Assistance
An Equal Opportunity Employer: EEO/Drug Free/M/F/Disability/Veterans
Back to top