Workplace Safety Program Coordinator
Workplace Safety Program Coordinator
Reports to Director of Quality Assurance
Plan, implement, administer and supervise all Health and Safety programs and safety objectives to ensure compliance with current Federal and State health and safety regulations. Ensure a safe work environment for all associates and visitors.
Essential job function
- Works safely at all times, and ensures that those around you do the same ensuring a strong safety culture throughout the work force.
- Develops, promotes, and maintains a Health & Safety Management system including policies, programs, and processes designed to identify hazards, assess & evaluate hazardous conditions and risks.
- Audits facility and equipment for safety compliance to Federal and State regulations as well as Company requirements.
- Works to reduce injuries through audits, training, JSA/JHA development, hazard identification, near miss reporting and fostering open communication about safety concerns and issues.
- Maintains & educates Safety Team, Team Leaders, Safety Committee and Department Managers/ Supervisors through coaching, feedback, and continued training activities to assist them in developing skills necessary to execute their health & safety responsibilities.
- Schedules Safety Committee meetings and assists committee with Agenda and planning of projects.
- Manages Health & Safety related communications flow and coordination of communication between departments as well as to the leadership team and hourly associates for all safety and health issues.
- Monitors the removal of physical, biological and chemical hazards, and training of employees on safety policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Verifies compliance with health and safety regulations and ensures all necessary records are maintained and prepared according to established guidelines.
- Will be the contact person for all government agencies dealing with all Health and Safety concerns.
- Manages the participation in Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) inspections, providing inspectors with appropriate documents and identifying safety measures.
- Leads, advises and/or participates in problem solving activities regarding safety and process concerns. Will recommend and implement safety strategies for the resolution of corrective actions to facilitate continuous improvement in Health & Safety programs.
- Able to investigate accident and incidence cases as well as maintain and evaluate incident and loss records, and prepare emergency response plans.
- Manages fire protection, regulatory compliance, health hazard control, ergonomics, hazardous materials management, environmental protection, training, record keeping, emergency response, managing safety programs, product safety and/or security, shoe safety programs and all other Safety related programs.
- Ensures projects are completed on time and within budget.
Minimum job requirements
- Previous experience in leading continuous improvement activities.
- Knowledge of behavior based safety programs. The position requires the safety manager to provide training and information to employees regarding safety issues.
- Highly proactive and self-motivated.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; Communication skills are a necessary attribute of a safety manager.
- Strong knowledge of applicable federal and state safety & health regulations.
- Knowledge of Chemicals: for cleaning in a food Manufacturing facility.
- The ideal candidate should have knowledge of federal, state and local requirements for safety and keep current on laws as they change.
- This is a hands on position that will require person to spend time on the production floor with employees for audits.
- This position will require flexibility of schedule for seasonal weekend commitment as well as time on all shifts to educate and audit safety compliance.
In addition to the above, compliance with all company policies and procedures is mandatory for this position.
The above lists the duties of the position, however there may be additional responsibilities as deemed necessary by management.
- Minimum of 4-year College Degree; BS Degree or advanced degree in Occupational Safety & Health, Engineering, and/or relevant area of study from an accredited college.
- CSP – Certified Safety Professional OR ASP – Associate Safety Professional CERTIFICATION
- 5-10 years’ experience in Occupational Safety & Health management experience. Experience in Food Manufacturing a plus.
Meet Some of King Arthur Flour's Employees
Assistant Product Manager
Rosie brings the joy of baking to King Arthur Flour's customers. From cupcake papers to cookie cutters to high-end bread machinery, Rosie ensures that bakers can do what they love seamlessly.
Back to top