Senior Web Developer
Reports to Director of Web Development
The Senior Web Developer will work with web developers, web engineers, and the Director of Web Development to ensure the technical and operational aspects of the King Arthur Flour websites are meeting the objectives of our business, and provide technical leadership in their areas of expertise.
This role requires deep technical skills, strong collaboration skills, the skills to mentor & coach other developers, and the ability to manage multiple projects in coordination with multiple departments, stakeholders, and 3rd party partners.
Our website is viewed by millions of people so you should have a keen attention to detail and ability to develop fast loading, resource efficient code.
Candidates may be asked to complete an online skills assessment as a condition of employment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION
- Create the web development tools and strategy for the Web Team including the end-to-end development process, coordinating efforts and working with the Web Engineering team as needed
- Develop web pages, dynamic templates, and web publishing frameworks as needed to support the web publishing goals of the organization
- Check code for quality, accuracy, and best practice prior to production deployment
- Work with third party developers/agencies that produce deliverables for our websites
- Manage the content updates and support queue to insure timely updates are made and customer service levels are appropriate
- Participate in the process of scheduling and prioritizing new web projects
- Gather technical requirements and write scoping documentation for projects
- Create and manage project plans on assigned projects
- Participate in regular communication and collaboration with content owners and designers
- Communicate project updates to web team members and work with Web Development Director to communicate status updates to the marketing team and others in the company
- Foster and model a positive environment for open exchange of ideas and continuous learning
- Proactively suggest improvements and future functionality for public-facing websites
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Awareness of the evolution of website development, current tools, best practices and suitable technologies including Git/Grunt/Node/Sass
- Ability to apply system analysis and design principles towards the strategic goals of our website development efforts
- Excellent organizational and project management skills including effective time management, multi-tasking, and follow through
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills including high degree of attention to detail and accuracy
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and with a team
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant technical field or Bachelor's Degree plus commensurate experience
- 7+ years of experience in web development in a corporate or agency environment
- Project management and team building experience
- Personnel management experience helpful but not required
- Regularly sit for extended periods of time
- Use computer equipment including keyboard, mouse, and monitor 4-8 hours daily
Back to top