Human Resources Generalist
Human Resources Generalist
Reports to Vice President of Human Resources
An integral member of the human resources team, this position contributes to King Arthur Flour's (KAF) renowned "Best Places to Work" culture by providing the highest level of knowledge, service and responsiveness in all areas of human resources including, but not limited to, recruiting, employee onboarding, HRMS operations, benefits administration, workers' compensation, and employee/manager relations. The HR Generalist is aware of and utilizes best practices in order to achieve maximum organizational effectiveness. In addition, the role is expected to effectively partner with KAF's leaders and their teams to ensure strong and effective HR practices throughout the company. The individual in this position will be expected to, both internally and externally, strongly represent KAF's mission, values, and organizational competencies.
- Coordinates the selection and onboarding process for non-exempt positions through effective management of the recruiting, screening, interviewing, onboarding and orientation of candidates ensuring compliance with all applicable state and federal laws.
- Ensures the confidentiality and integrity of all employee related data in the HRMS by accurately processing all employee lifecycle status changes (hire to retire) in a timely manner.
- Assists with new hire benefits orientation as part of the onboarding process and in answering benefits eligibility, coverage and other benefits related questions.
- Reviews and files all employee injury reports with workers' compensation carrier, coordinates initial care assessment with Occupational Health provider and initiates accident reviews as needed.
- Assists managers and employees with the Return-to-Work process and manages the closure of claims with insurance carrier and case management team.
- Coordinates all employee event logistics and job fairs; responsible for effective management of employee service awards, job shadow requests, internship placements and other company-wide HR-related events.
- Coordinates and maintains employee outreach as appropriate, including, but not limited to, new parent gifts, cards and announcements, cards and/or flowers in case of employee injury, and appropriate cards, flowers and memorial donations in a bereavement situation.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field and 2-4 years of experience required.
- Strong analytical skills plus an attention to detail are essential. Ability to utilize technology tools to conduct administration, review and processing of data.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain integrity and confidentiality of employee data and established data systems.
- Strong proficiency in using benefit applications/software and report writing tools (preferably Oracle, ADP or other HRIS);proven proficiency with Microsoft programs including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to deal effectively with non-routine situations and exceptions, and to independently plan and organize work while managing many priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral; demonstrated ability to handle multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service, work effectively with a variety of employees and managers, build supportive relationships, and establish trust and credibility in relationship with others.
- This should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties and responsibilities. There may be some variation and/or development of the above duties and responsibilities without changing the general nature of the job.
Cognitive, Physical and Environmental Requirements
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, customers, and the public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and effectively manage multiple priorities in a variety of situations.
- Ability to successfully interpret a variety of instructions, both written and oral; demonstrates strong and respectful communication skills in order to gain appropriate information should said instructions be difficult to understand.
- While performing the essential functions of this job the incumbent is frequently required to sit, stand, and walk throughout the day. The incumbent is also required to use hands, speak and hear, read and write, use a keyboard, and push, pull, move and/or lift up to 10 pounds.
- Work is performed in a normal office environment with little exposure to outdoor temperatures or dirt and dust. The incumbent's working conditions are typically moderately quiet.
Meet Some of King Arthur Flour's Employees
Assistant Product Manager
Rosie brings the joy of baking to King Arthur Flour's customers. From cupcake papers to cookie cutters to high-end bread machinery, Rosie ensures that bakers can do what they love seamlessly.
Back to top